Poor Blackbear Customer Service led to a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The average response time in my own personal experience is about 2 days. I think emails are sorted based on importance too but I don't know for sure. When I had an important issue, he responded right away. When I asked about something that could wait, it took 2-3 days. I understand your frustration and trust me, I am very impatient but it was worth the wait.

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have had a time getting my order in. I sent a pm to both people listed today. Hopefully I will hear something back soon or my local shop will be doing the tune

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
You wont find any unhappy BB tune user here at all. you will find for every 1 happy handheld, there are at least 4 unhappy owners that sold or returned for a refund and ended up with a BB tune

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just want to clear a few things up:

To the OP: I do not have any unread *** from you, who were your PMing? We have NEVER taken 2 weeks to respond to anyone's email. I do believe that we were clear that we like to perform all transactions via email, due to the fact that everything can be documented over time. Things gets lost via phone, and then we have no record of what was discussed. We do get bogged down on emails (as we receive hundreds every day), especially when tuning trips come up, but we work hard to get through them as well as keep the quality up to par. Sorry we could not assist you with your vehicles, glad the Hypertech worked out for you.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, we have no emails from you in our box. I assume you only PMed?

Also, you state that you are not trying to bash BBP and wanted to mention how the Hypertech worked out for you- your entire post is about us and not Hypertech.

To Modded: I am not an employee of Black Bear Performance, I actually have a full time job, which sends me on travel (most of the time overseas), but I do try to help out with answering questions via email and on the forums.

Many folks say that we should "just hire someone to help", but in reality, how many people do you know, that you would be comfortable receiving technical advice from, for tuning a $40K vehicle?

Last edited:

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna-Thanks for the quick response this morning.

I'm currently waiting for them to get some cables in and then I will have a tune! :)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
To Modded: I am not an employee of Black Bear Performance, I actually have a full time job, which sends me on travel (most of the time overseas), but I do try to help out with answering questions via email and on the forums.

Many folks say that we should "just hire someone to help", but in reality, how many people do you know, that you would be comfortable receiving technical advice from, for tuning a $40K vehicle?

Oh I did not know that.:Handshake: Well either way, to the OP, the BB tune is worth waiting for over the Hypertech.
When I got my BB tune exactly two years ago Justin was very swift with responding to emails and getting my computers shipped out.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're so happy with BB that we are naming our next kid Justin, whether its a boy or girl. Sounds much better than "this is my son, Hypertech," now, doesn't it? :D

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there custmer service sucks.

Maybe, but how about your spelling? ;)

THEIR customer service doesn't suck, in reality. Are they over-worked and under-staffed? Maybe. But, it sounds like you didn't go through the correct channels to contact Jenna or Justin, anyway. If you didn't, then I don't think it's right to come on here and say that their service sucks.

Both Justin and Jenna have been VERY helpful to me in the past, so I disagree that they are not customer-oriented. Wanting faster answers to emails is a legitimate desire, and you're always welcome to take your business wherever you want. But I don't think that time of email responses and customer service are always the same thing -- at least not in the case of BB.

In this age of the smartphone, it's easy to feel as though you should be able to get ahold of someone 24/7. But, if Justin were tuning my truck in person, and he spent more time on the phone than focusing on my truck, I'd be even more annoyed than you appear to be now.

Incidentally, I'm not defending BB BECAUSE I've done business with them, but rather because I don't think you're correct in your assessment of BB's service.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an idea... for ***** n giggles, call Hypertech's 800 number and start jazzing them with some tuning questions. I'd love to hear what they'd say.

"Hello, this is Peggy from Hypertech, how may I help you please?"
"Let me transfer you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo