Plz help..Check ENGINE light 2008 yukon xl Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garyjw2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for taking a second to help out. Everybody on here is really amazing. My last post was about some oil pressure and spark plugs. I got the oil pan gasket replaced new spark plugs and spark plug wires went on a trip drove about 1300 miles everything was going great on the last leg of the journey while going up a hill Towing about a 5500 lb trailer the check engine light came on. The car started overheating and losing oil pressure when I pulled over there was nothing leaking underneath I started back on the road and everything was good until I hit the AC when I hit the little snowflake button I can see my RPMs rev High and then the car starts overheating after about 15 minutes 230 minutes of driving.. I checked the oil everything looks good if I don't run the AC with the snowflake I don't have any problems at all and when you hit the snowflake button does not appear on the instrument panel like it did before. I have to drive back down to family this Friday towing the tt. Thanks anything helps

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't hit the AC then, your making it overheat, you might need to add a bigger transmission cooler if you are going to be towing again in the future, have the ac checked out when you get back home.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All true. Start by checking to see if fan comes on. Check stored codes. I’m not sure if it was your post a while back about towing tt over mountains but an aftermarket trans cooler sounds in order. Think there’s more than 1 thing going on.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
monitor your trans temp, RPM increasing with ac compressor on, imo isnt relative. im sure you are allready white knuckled watching coolant temp but to me it sounds as though a clutch is slipping. Slow down, use the manual shift mode and limit it to 5th while towing on the flats and 4th climbing hills. Accept 35/40 mph with emergency flashers on in the slow lane in 3rd or 4th your climb method and your trans will last longer. Try to keep up with the speed limit/ flow of traffic and you will consume the life of your trans at an accellerated rate.

OP
OP
Garyjw2

Garyjw2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone to responding so fast. Answering kind of questions in order. Going to the store later today to get the codes red and we'll post them here. I was able to get home by just keeping the AC off and then the car runs fine I do feel a slight drag feeling like I'm getting robbed of some power. I'm going to have the AC checked out. Also really like the manual mode I've heard that before that it's better on the transmission. I will be Towing a lot with this vehicle in the future and trying to get it really to be where I can upgrade the main parts that would help with the towing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts