Plug wire heat shields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Maybe I’m being neurotic, but can’t a guy find OEM AC Delco plugs, rather than the “Professional” crap? Hoping they’re comparable for plugs.. I know when it comes to most parts, the professional series are garbage, compared with OEM.

As I am looking more, the ones I have seen and bought do seem to be listed as professional. I'll have to dig into the delco book a bit. The 110 iridium was changed to 962 platinum in the older trucks service specs for cost savings is all. Agree that longer life is the only difference really.

to my understanding professional is the stuff you want, Advantage is to avoid

There are 3 delco lines. OE, Pro, and advantage. The OE is just that. The pro is usually ok, but can be hit or miss. The advantage is a no go zone.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I am looking more, the ones I have seen and bought do seem to be listed as professional. I'll have to dig into the delco book a bit. The 110 iridium was changed to 962 platinum in the older trucks service specs for cost savings is all. Agree that longer life is the only difference really.

There are 3 delco lines. OE, Pro, and advantage. The OE is just that. The pro is usually ok, but can be hit or miss. The advantage is a no go zone.
Excellent. Thanks for the information.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE

There are 3 delco lines. OE, Pro, and advantage. The OE is just that. The pro is usually ok, but can be hit or miss. The advantage is a no go zone.[/QUOTE]

Reminded me of the no go zone in the hot crazy matrix. If you’ve never seen this you gotta watch. Funny af but so true. Watch for the unicorn heads up.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Reminded me of the no go zone in the hot crazy matrix. If you’ve never seen this you gotta watch. Funny af but so true. Watch for the unicorn heads up.

LOL! I never pass up a chance to watch it again. In the top 10 online videos of all time.
Girls named Tiffany..... Lol

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]
ROFL!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How often do you change them?
When it starts running rough, or the opportunity presents itself like now when things are taken apart. Since the headers were installed I need to pull the wheels and inner liners to change them so I’ll change plugs now while a header was removed and front wheels removed to pull the trans. The plugs are only $2 apiece so it’s cheap.

Last edited:

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or the “

When it starts running rough, or the opportunity presents itself like now when things are taken apart. Since the headers were installed I need to pull the wheels and inner liners to change them so I’ll change plugs now while a header was removed and front wheels removed to pull the trans. The plugs are only $2 apiece so it’s cheap.

Have you tried running with iridium or platinum?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried running with iridium or platinum?
No, I was told to run the copper ones by Whipple so there’s less chance of detonation. I see no reason to pay $50-$60 and go through the pain of swapping plugs only to take a chance. I figure the experts should be listened to. And BlackBear also concurred on the TR6’s.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I was told to run the copper ones by Whipple so there’s less chance of detonation. I see no reason to pay $50-$60 and go through the pain of swapping plugs only to take a chance. I figure the experts should be listened to. And BlackBear also concurred on the TR6’s.
Agree, got the same advice from magnacharg, was just wondering how the engine acts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645