Plug wire heat shields?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for your feedback. [emoji16] After reading quite a bit about that, seemed more necessary. If you’re saying it’s not going to cut down much on heat, then I won’t sweat it. The Taylor wires should be here tomorrow. Still need to order heat socks.
It will cut down on heat, not sure how much though. I personally didn’t feel like it would eliminate the need for heat shields from my experience and would not look as good as the stainless so I opted to spend more money on nice headers instead of on coating.

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will cut down on heat, not sure how much though. I personally didn’t feel like it would eliminate the need for heat shields from my experience and would not look as good as the stainless so I opted to spend more money on nice headers instead of on coating.
Yeah, I like the look stainless gets from the heat anyway. [emoji16][emoji106]. Thanks again ! Now I have to save up some more dough.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are badass headers and I guarantee they will fit without any problems. The ones for my Denali are precision in the way they fit around everything and were easy to install.
That’s what I like to hear. [emoji16]

OP
OP
Sam Harris

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my wires and plugs.. heat socks ordered. That’s it for the cheap stuff, now I’ve gotta save a bit for those AR headers, and some stage 8 bolts. I’m guessing the AR headers should come with decent (felpro?) gaskets.. As far as correct parts, do I just order the correct gaskets & bolts for my year, etc..? 17348f41c9dd228fa99baab08d6e2b23.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my wires and plugs.. heat socks ordered. That’s it for the cheap stuff, now I’ve gotta save a bit for those AR headers, and some stage 8 bolts. I’m guessing the AR headers should come with decent (felpro?) gaskets.. As far as correct parts, do I just order the correct gaskets & bolts for my year, etc..? 17348f41c9dd228fa99baab08d6e2b23.jpg
The headers will come with gaskets, and I highly recommend ARP header bolts. They’ll never break. ARP 134-1102 Header Bolt Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5YSH70/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KT2TCbVVB0624

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy