Please post 2016 Yukon / Tahoe changes here..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnC

Reaction score
It's getting to be that time of the year... For all the insiders out there, please
let us know the 2016 model year changes here--thank you.

PS--I'm hoping for an 8-speed 5.3 with power boards...lol

:waytogo:

OP
OP
J

JohnC

Reaction score
well...change number one: all of your power train warranty goes from 5yrs/100k miles to 3yrs/36k miles

I thought that was the bumper to bumper...

I thought powertrain was going to 5yrs/ 60k miles..

Any other changes?

Thanks.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apple CarPlay is rumored to be available in 2016.

I think GM will wait for the 10 speed auto, which should come in 2017. It's being built between GM and Ford. Ford already said the 2017 Raptor will have the 10 speed, so makes sense GM will roll it out then as well. Doesn't make sense GM would put the 8 speed in the 5.3 trucks for just one year.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow really that's a ****** warranty... When I got my 2015i Yukon, I bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty for an extra 1800 that covers 5 years / 75k miles.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apple CarPlay is rumored to be available in 2016.

I think GM will wait for the 10 speed auto, which should come in 2017. It's being built between GM and Ford. Ford already said the 2017 Raptor will have the 10 speed, so makes sense GM will roll it out then as well. Doesn't make sense GM would put the 8 speed in the 5.3 trucks for just one year.

From what I understand, the 10 speed won't see any light truck other than the Raptor. The Raptor will probably share the same gas engine option coming to the redesigned Super Duty.
The 8 speed will continue, and then be used in the rest of the light truck lines like the Silverado and Tahoe.

The 10 sp transmission is being developed for the heavy duty trucks and the Ford Super Duty in order to increase mileage and towing. A 10 would be complete overkill for the light duties..

OP
OP
J

JohnC

Reaction score
From what I understand, the 10 speed won't see any light truck other than the Raptor. The Raptor will probably share the same gas engine option coming to the redesigned Super Duty.
The 8 speed will continue, and then be used in the rest of the light truck lines like the Silverado and Tahoe.

The 10 sp transmission is being developed for the heavy duty trucks and the Ford Super Duty in order to increase mileage and towing. A 10 would be complete overkill for the light duties..

The big question is---When will the 5.3 see the 8-speeds??? Will it be 2016?

Also, I didn't intend for this to just be a transmission thread. Anything elses rumored for 2016?

Thanks for everyone's input..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900