please help, problems with mcg's 2/3 kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08denaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed my mcg's 2/3 kit many weeks ago now and am noticing some issues with the kit. First the truck has always pulled a little left since the install, nothing to bad but i have had it aligned twice now and it still does it, a little annoying on a sixty thousand dollar truck. Second when making turns around corners at low speed the traction control light flashes as though the truck is losing grip, which its not, as i am well below any skidding speed. Has anyone seen or heard of this before? When in a parking garage or anywhere you would be going very slow and making sharp turns, the truck seems to have a geometry issue in the front end. It is worse if the road is wet you can almost feel the front end pushing a bit, like one tire is not on the same turning angle as the other. The tires begin to squeal in protest when at full steering lock.
Any help would be great as I am almost ready to swap back the stock parts and ditch the kit.
Thanks,
the new guy

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
spindles will do this at full lock. there were guys on gm fullsize complaining about the same thing at full lock. let me pm you on some stuff

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed my mcg's 2/3 kit many weeks ago now and am noticing some issues with the kit. First the truck has always pulled a little left since the install, nothing to bad but i have had it aligned twice now and it still does it, a little annoying on a sixty thousand dollar truck. Second when making turns around corners at low speed the traction control light flashes as though the truck is losing grip, which its not, as i am well below any skidding speed. Has anyone seen or heard of this before? When in a parking garage or anywhere you would be going very slow and making sharp turns, the truck seems to have a geometry issue in the front end. It is worse if the road is wet you can almost feel the front end pushing a bit, like one tire is not on the same turning angle as the other. The tires begin to squeal in protest when at full steering lock.
Any help would be great as I am almost ready to swap back the stock parts and ditch the kit.
Thanks,
the new guy

All of those are problems??

:shrug: I always thought that stuff was extra features that you get when you purchase a suspension change

However...on a serious note...spindles should not change the pull/alignment because they are solid pieces with no chance of changing attributes over a course of time. If you get it aligned after the spindles are installed, and the alignment gets messed up again, its something else causing the issue.

Im not saying spindles dont change suspension/steering attributes...but I am saying that they will not after everything has been corrected

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I think I can relate to one of these issues, being the full lock issue and the truck almost feeling like it slipping in a certain direction right?
Does it almost feel like the wheel is about to fall up on the direction of full lock steer?
It seems to happen to most of these trucks when the suspension is remotely changed, especally with spindes.
Mine does not make any squealing though, and does not pull in any direction.
DJMDIRECT, why don't you share what you PMd so we know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yah call me ill share all the knowledge you need.

OP
OP
08denaliXL

08denaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for help

Sorry for the late reply. I very much appreciate all the advice on these issues I am having. The truck only has 25k on the odometer, is it possible there is some other steering or suspension component that is worn after so few miles? When the truck was aligned the tech said the lower rods were very difficult to turn, almost like they were frozen up. Is this something anyone has had issue with? On a side note the truck is awd, could this have anything to do with the issues? Maybe awd and drop spindles dont work as well?
Thanks again I really do appreciate the advice.
The not so new guy
Thanks to the djm guy (tony) I will look into what you said and get back to you. Appreciate it man!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon, we have the same kit on our Suburban and have absolutely zero issues with it? If the truck is pulling to one side and has been since the install, it sounds like something wasn't installed right. I can drive at any speed with ours and it drives straight as an arrow.

Although our suburban isn't AWD, we do have the autoride like your Denali does. I have no issues with traction control activating and certainly no issues with steering. If your tie rods were shot, you'd notice alot of play in your steering wheel, and a sense that the vehicle is "tracking" while driving. This happened in my 06 Silverado with about 15,000 miles on it, but the Burban (08) with 30k miles on it has no problems.

Your issue seems a little awkward to me, but I do agree it has to be frustrating! I highly doubt it has anything to do with the spindles versus control arms.

OP
OP
08denaliXL

08denaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a side note

One thing I forgot to mention in prior posts is that I installed a hellwig rear sway bar at the same time as the drop kit. I used the stock rear endlinks to put the bar back in and noticed the bar has a bit of a downward angle to it now. I have seen shorter endlinks used, and am wondering if this may have any relation to the tration control light coming on? Maybe the thicker stiffer bar stops the rear tires from being as independent as they should. Maybe a rear tire begins to lift a little bit when making a sharp turn and the computer thinks its slipping?
Sorry for rambling on,
jon

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention in prior posts is that I installed a hellwig rear sway bar at the same time as the drop kit. I used the stock rear endlinks to put the bar back in and noticed the bar has a bit of a downward angle to it now. I have seen shorter endlinks used, and am wondering if this may have any relation to the tration control light coming on? Maybe the thicker stiffer bar stops the rear tires from being as independent as they should. Maybe a rear tire begins to lift a little bit when making a sharp turn and the computer thinks its slipping?
Sorry for rambling on,
jon

that's a pretty valid point. Maybe try removing it and seeing what happens? Curious to see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen