Please help me!!! My heat suddenly quit!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natedawg061987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a pretty big situation on my hands.

I shifted the stereo head unit in my tahoe the other day and suddenly lost all heat. And everything from the recirculate button stopped working.

I live in northern Illinois with sub-zero winters and NEED to have my heat. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

My fuses are all good. I pulled the dashboard apart and looked at the connections on the back of the dial unit and nothing was loose or disconnected. Is it possible that the unit simply quit working?

Nate

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you move the stereo you prob burn the heater/ac control unit.

drod1977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
need more info, what do you shifted? and what year is your truck? rear heater control? if so is the rear heater working? try to get your hands on multi meter.

OP
OP
N

natedawg061987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went through the truck today with a multimeter and checked everything I could think of.

Then I took apart the dashboard and checked out all of the connections on the climate control panel and noticed that I must have crossed a connection on the circuit board and fried it.

I'm picking up another complete climate control assembly today to see what happens but I think I found the problem.

Thanks for the input everyone!

kjlegend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing just happened to me, and I bought a new climate control unit and it started working perfectly fine again!

Good luck!

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I shifted the stereo head unit in my tahoe the other day and suddenly lost all heat. And everything from the recirculate button stopped working.
Nate

You probably moved something out of place on the climate control to render it inoperable. Have you tried removing your head unit to see it all of the plugs are secure in the climate control?

I had a similar problem recently where I replaced my head unit, and the A/C fan control would go from low to high and back to low without me doing anything. I ended up replacing the whole A/C + Heater control. I bought the controller on eBay from "thepartsladi" (click here) and now the A/C + heater is working like a champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo