Pics of LED interior lights (no more yellow!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNRacedoc

Reaction score
Perfect...thanks! I know swapping signals often requires an alteration since the sensors notice the low-power pull.
Great to know I can just swap bulbs.

Anybody got a list of bulbs? (fearing I may miss one or more in the wholesale swap attempt)

2011_LT_28

Reaction score
I don't have the issue of them flickering on fade out, but I do have an issue with mine now as they turn on with opening the doors or rear hatch. I have had 3 bulbs replaced and have 3 more that have stopped working after just a couple days of being installed. They will start to flicker and then go out on power up, but will work just fine if I manually turn them on with the switch.

Anyone else having this issue?

Joe
What ever came from this issue? Also i was told the side mirror paddle lights shouldnt be swappes out because of something to do with wiring or lower pull of power...anyone heard of any similar issues with this?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever came from this issue? Also i was told the side mirror paddle lights shouldnt be swappes out because of something to do with wiring or lower pull of power...anyone heard of any similar issues with this?
I did the led interior swap 2 years ago now. Put leds in my puddle lights under side mirrors and zero issues. They work exactly as they did before. Just 100 times brighter and clearer than the stock bulbs. You just have to make sure the polarity is correct when you put them in, otherwise if they are backwards they don't light up.

2011_LT_28

Reaction score
I did the led interior swap 2 years ago now. Put leds in my puddle lights under side mirrors and zero issues. They work exactly as they did before. Just 100 times brighter and clearer than the stock bulbs. You just have to make sure the polarity is correct when you put them in, otherwise if they are backwards they don't light up.

How do i know what the correct polarity would be? I was going to buy the 194 LED bulbs and hope they are correct because that seems to be what other people with the 2011 Tahoe body styles have done

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct polarity instantly verified by installing bulb and powering up. If bulb glows, polarity correct; if not, reverse the bulb orientation and continue to next bulb swap.

2011_LT_28

Reaction score
Thanks! I wasnt sure if that was the answer or not and i didnt wanna just assume!!

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately I have been too busy to deal with it yet... I have since replaced all of the bulbs yet again since posting last and unfortunately ALL of them are no longer working at all. They just go to a dim set or flicker constantly, so I have my dome lights turned off at the switch and just deal with getting into a dark vehicle at night. They also no longer work if I try to manually turn them on individually. At this point, I'm very tempted to just go back to the old incandescents and call it a day... Also makes me want to sell this and get into something else...

Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14