Cheap 85 dollar ebay L.E.D tail lamps waste of money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I brought some cheap 85 dollar L.E.D tail lamps off eBay back in summer, I never installed them because I heard it would cancel out the cruise control but today I decided to go ahead and what a PITA' , they didn't fit good, there was an inch wide gap at the bottom or top depending on how you placed them or a 1/2 inch gap all around if you line the skew holes up. the socket l.e.d plug which plugs into the light bulb socket was too loose n kept falling out ( both black wires were line up ) I got it to stay in then the damn turn singles started blinking fast, I pull them out again to make sure all black wires were line up and put them back in and lol then backup lights stop working. I took them off and threw them in the trash can in my apt.. I still want L.E.D ones but ones that work and fit like OEM. can anyone recommend some good ones you used?

oh, I went to look up the eBay seller I brought them from, I see that seller no longer sells those LED tails Lamps. I STILL have smoked headlamps that is just plug and play with regular bulbs I haven't used yet. I hope they fit better

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The old saying, "you get what you pay for" sure holds true. Sorry you had to go thru that but you said yourself, " cheap $85 L.E.D. tail lamps". Others here that were successful will chime in.

rzabel

Reaction score
I bought some Spyder lights. About twice what you paid. They were plug and play, except one side had the wires too short and I had to splice them. I think they were these, but mine aren't smoked. They look good and have been working fine for about 3 years.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spyder makes the best quality and reliable LED tail lights. They include resistor packs built and properly wired in so that cruise control still functions and urn signals blink normally. The spyder housings have the correct wiring pigtails and enough wiring to properly connect to the factory tail light sockets and stay in place. Spyder housings are also properly sealed properly right when they’re manufactured so that they don’t leak or get condensation is se the housing. Worth the money they charge for their LED tail light housings. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645