No Hyper Flash '14 XL after LED install (solved)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nighthwk12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have solved the hyper flash on my 2014 Yukon XL after a full LED conversation.
Yes I did have to use resistors but only on the rear tails. The front signals I have switch backs with the built in CANBUS that works great. I did get CANBUS tails but that didn't do the trick and LASFIT also says on their Amazon page they will hyper flash with GMC's. So I am not sure if resistors and a regular LED tails will not hyper flash. When I didn't have resistors there was no hyper flash with Hazards only when I did left or right turns.
Build list: (source: amazon)
Head Lights H13: LASFIT New Gens 6K
Fogs 5202: JDM ASTAR Euro yellow fogs
Corners 194's: Brishine Yellows and Reds
Reverse 7440: JMD ASTAR Super White
License Plate 194s: Sirius LEDs White
Brake/Tail 7443: JDM ASTAR Reds
Tail/Turn 7443: LASFIT RED 7443 CANBUS
Front Turn 3157: LASFIT Switchbacks CANBUS
Resistors: 6ohm 50W ARTR

Both the LASFIT and JDM ASTAR tails have a great lumen difference between running lights and brake/turn. That was my fear with LEDs, that there would be no difference. So I would recommend those both 100%.

Quick overview of my install of the resistors. I soldered the splice with bladed connects so if I ever have to remove the resistors from the circuit. I also put an eye end and attached via the body screw for ground. Hey one less wire to splice.
light pig tail.jpg resistor pig tail.jpgresistor.jpg

I will get more pictures of the lights working but when I finished wiring the resistors it was 10:30 and about 19*.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. Much appreciated.

I also have JDM Astar LEDs for all of my lights, inside and outside, except for my headlights, which I moved from JDM Astar to GTR Ultra 2 LED headlights.

I did not attempt to eliminate my hyperflash, as I believe that the hyperflash gets more attention from other drivers on the road, which is the purpose of a directional indicator. I do understand, however, that hyperflash is illegal in some states, so some attention must placed there (But then again, any LED headlights that are not EOM factory equipment are not DOT approved for on-the-road use, and therefore are illegal for on-the-road use.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts