New Member from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccole

Reaction score
Greetings from southern Texas! I've been a long time GM full size SUV owner so I've used the forum from time to time. I'm glad to see the active users around here because FB is a garbage can. Currently my daily driver is an 07 Tahoe LTZ with 150K on the ticker. I've owned it for roughly 4 years. Slowly I've been doing mods based on my taste, time, and justifiable budget. I'm going a bit nutty on the sound system with SQ as primary concern though I am a recovering basshead. Fortunately the gentleman I purchased the vehicle from was extremely **** with his documentation and maintenance. He replaced the transmission, air ride compressor and shocks, front lower a-arms and most bushings around the front suspension, synthetic only with that seafom type additive that includes some type of BS engine warranty, and quite a few other 100-120K maintenance items. Here's a quick list of the mods since I've owned the truck that I can recall.

-LED interior lights
-LED Headlights
-Sound deadening material throughout
-Sealed up(mostly) both Front L&R doors for audio purposes then deadened all 4 inner door surfaces
-Escalade Black front and rear door panels
-Black arm rest storage compartment
-removed 3rd row seat mounts. Filled hardware pockets with closed cell foam then carpeted the area black.
-Lock'Rdown center consul safe
-Escalade Fobs
-higher rate struts to assist the motorized lift gate with the additional 24lbs of dampening material. I can find the manufacturer and part # if needed.
-installed 2nd 300amp Mechman alternator dedicated to the audio system
-2nd Optima Yellow top battery dedicated to audio
-2 runs of 1/0 gauge & 1-2 gauge runs of OFC wire to amplification and processing
-Hybrid audio L6SE & L1Pro active front speakers. Currently working on a 3-way active setup using L8SE, L3SE, and L1Pro R2. Have the baffles made for the 8" and 3" speakers and AS 100.4 and AS 200.2 amps.
-CDT 6.5 2ohm coaxial speaker in the rear running off the factory Bose. For the kids.
-Mosconi Amplification and processing
-Sonos Port for audio streaming
-JoshAI voice automation system. So far only controls audio but working on more. Yes, I've been in Home Automation for many years.
-5G LTE Netgear hotspot router
-Factory 6-disc radio pulling signal prior to the Bose amplifier then boosting the full range signal via Audio Control OverDrive unit.
-2 FI BTL 15's powered by, don't laugh dual Skar RP2000.1D amps. Enclosure is 8cu/ft with 8" bigass port tuned to 30ish Hz

Current projects: Stiffening roof or at least lowering its resonant frequency, Hidden AR pistol compartment, Removing the roof rack from my 00 Escalade and installing it on the 07

I also have an early 00 Escalade with 5.7. Pewter with Tan interior, 05-06 17" Escalade wheels, barn doors. This vehicle was purchased as a wedding present for the misses in 04 with 20K miles. Fortunately she held up much better than the truck! It's mostly used to get around the ranch or to haul whatever. I might have a KPE Racing carb'd LS sitting around from a trophy truck. It makes 600-750ft/lbs pretty much anywhere on the dyno sheet. But that project is for another day as both my girls will be at university very soon. My youngest skipped a grade so I'll have 2 at the same time for at least 2 years. Yea!

I've also owned and sold 06 LTZ Burb and 14 Escalade. Here's a couple pics I had in my phone. IMG_4270.JPGIMG_1560.JPGIMG_1885 - Copy.JPGIMG_1841.JPGIMG_1886 - Copy.JPG

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
Thanks. The enclosure beauty panels were practice on the vinyl. I haven’t used vinyl in years. I’m working on the design to cut them on the CNC router. The port needs to be cleaned up and mounted against black to contrast like I prefer. I’ll use tan for accents. There is tons of room with the dual alt bracket and second battery. Be aware of the HP the second alt uses with a heavy load. It surprised me the first couple times I pulled into traffic with the tunes jammin. Way more than expected.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings from southern Texas! I've been a long time GM full size SUV owner so I've used the forum from time to time. I'm glad to see the active users around here because FB is a garbage can. Currently my daily driver is an 07 Tahoe LTZ with 150K on the ticker. I've owned it for roughly 4 years. Slowly I've been doing mods based on my taste, time, and justifiable budget. I'm going a bit nutty on the sound system with SQ as primary concern though I am a recovering basshead. Fortunately the gentleman I purchased the vehicle from was extremely **** with his documentation and maintenance. He replaced the transmission, air ride compressor and shocks, front lower a-arms and most bushings around the front suspension, synthetic only with that seafom type additive that includes some type of BS engine warranty, and quite a few other 100-120K maintenance items. Here's a quick list of the mods since I've owned the truck that I can recall.

-LED interior lights
-LED Headlights
-Sound deadening material throughout
-Sealed up(mostly) both Front L&R doors for audio purposes then deadened all 4 inner door surfaces
-Escalade Black front and rear door panels
-Black arm rest storage compartment
-removed 3rd row seat mounts. Filled hardware pockets with closed cell foam then carpeted the area black.
-Lock'Rdown center consul safe
-Escalade Fobs
-higher rate struts to assist the motorized lift gate with the additional 24lbs of dampening material. I can find the manufacturer and part # if needed.
-installed 2nd 300amp Mechman alternator dedicated to the audio system
-2nd Optima Yellow top battery dedicated to audio
-2 runs of 1/0 gauge & 1-2 gauge runs of OFC wire to amplification and processing
-Hybrid audio L6SE & L1Pro active front speakers. Currently working on a 3-way active setup using L8SE, L3SE, and L1Pro R2. Have the baffles made for the 8" and 3" speakers and AS 100.4 and AS 200.2 amps.
-CDT 6.5 2ohm coaxial speaker in the rear running off the factory Bose. For the kids.
-Mosconi Amplification and processing
-Sonos Port for audio streaming
-JoshAI voice automation system. So far only controls audio but working on more. Yes, I've been in Home Automation for many years.
-5G LTE Netgear hotspot router
-Factory 6-disc radio pulling signal prior to the Bose amplifier then boosting the full range signal via Audio Control OverDrive unit.
-2 FI BTL 15's powered by, don't laugh dual Skar RP2000.1D amps. Enclosure is 8cu/ft with 8" bigass port tuned to 30ish Hz

Current projects: Stiffening roof or at least lowering its resonant frequency, Hidden AR pistol compartment, Removing the roof rack from my 00 Escalade and installing it on the 07

I also have an early 00 Escalade with 5.7. Pewter with Tan interior, 05-06 17" Escalade wheels, barn doors. This vehicle was purchased as a wedding present for the misses in 04 with 20K miles. Fortunately she held up much better than the truck! It's mostly used to get around the ranch or to haul whatever. I might have a KPE Racing carb'd LS sitting around from a trophy truck. It makes 600-750ft/lbs pretty much anywhere on the dyno sheet. But that project is for another day as both my girls will be at university very soon. My youngest skipped a grade so I'll have 2 at the same time for at least 2 years. Yea!

I've also owned and sold 06 LTZ Burb and 14 Escalade. Here's a couple pics I had in my phone. View attachment 351738View attachment 351744View attachment 351741View attachment 351743View attachment 351739

Duuuude! You've done a lot of what I have planned for mine. I'm not doing a sound system anywhere nearly as extravagant, but I want my amps like you have yours. I especially am interested in those higher rate struts, your sound deadening/insulation methods (materials, locations and style) and the circuits you tapped to break out the full range signals before the Bose amp. I had a schematic saved on my old laptop but lost it a while back. I'm sure your '07 will be similar to my '08 in this regard.

I recently made a Big 3 setup (actually Big 4, about to be Big 5) and the cables look just the same as yours. I used 1/0 welding lead, soldered and crimped marine lugs, adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing and mesh sleeve left over from a project at work.

What part of southern TX?

Sub'ed for details and updates!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Savannah Georgia!

Nice work on your well maintained Tahoe. Looks to be in excellent condition.

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
Duuuude! You've done a lot of what I have planned for mine. I'm not doing a sound system anywhere nearly as extravagant, but I want my amps like you have yours. I especially am interested in those higher rate struts, your sound deadening/insulation methods (materials, locations and style) and the circuits you tapped to break out the full range signals before the Bose amp. I had a schematic saved on my old laptop but lost it a while back. I'm sure your '07 will be similar to my '08 in this regard.

I recently made a Big 3 setup (actually Big 4, about to be Big 5) and the cables look just the same as yours. I used 1/0 welding lead, soldered and crimped marine lugs, adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing and mesh sleeve left over from a project at work.

What part of southern TX?

Sub'ed for details and updates!
Good stuff. I’ll drop some photos of the line level splice points. I Tesa taped them after heat shrink and solder but just by chance I need to get into them to change some routing.
You sound about as **** retentive as I am. Do it once do it right. I’ll pull the receipt for the struts as well. It will be the weekend before I’ll have time to post.
I’m located in the overflow city for California refugees San Antonio.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. I’ll drop some photos of the line level splice points. I Tesa taped them after heat shrink and solder but just by chance I need to get into them to change some routing.
You sound about as **** retentive as I am. Do it once do it right. I’ll pull the receipt for the struts as well. It will be the weekend before I’ll have time to post.
I’m located in the overflow city for California refugees San Antonio.

I absolutely do have some OCD issues, but they're never directed where it matters. I'll rarely wash my Tahoe, but I want my sound system on point. I also have a tendency to do a lot of things with my own spin on it cuz almost everything, including the mods, can be improved, right? This often makes projects drag out for-effin-ever.

Anyway, I wanted to keep the Bose sub active and just tap into the line levels to feed the amps that will be powering the door speakers and a single sub.