--- Photos: SPOTTER'S THREAD (post up all years/models) ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old? It's clearly brand new.
It was a bit of a dog when I bought it. It was my first vehicle after moving to the US. I'm from the UK. I think I was the only person in Beverly Hills that worked on their old truck out in the street.
The previous pics were taken just before I sold it and are the only digital pics I have of it. Was a great truck.
I have two more pics to share and tear the ass out of it. One when I bought it and one having the repaired carb installed which is my favorite truck pic of all time.
IMG_5915.JPG
IMG_5914.JPG

My local Dodge dealership (Santa Monica) was so good to me with this truck. If I called with a question the service manager didn't know the answer to he would put me through to a mechanic in the garage or if I was there he would let me speak to one. The parts guy would give me a trade discount. And just before I sold it I couldn't get it to pass smog and they told me to take it in and only charged me $60 including the cert. When I switched to the Chevy it was a very different experience at the dealership and I don't think I ever left feeling satisfied or that I had got my moneys worth.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a bit of a dog when I bought it. It was my first vehicle after moving to the US. I'm from the UK. I think I was the only person in Beverly Hills that worked on their old truck out in the street.
The previous pics were taken just before I sold it and are the only digital pics I have of it. Was a great truck.
I have two more pics to share and tear the ass out of it. One when I bought it and one having the repaired carb installed which is my favorite truck pic of all time.
View attachment 253448
View attachment 253449

My local Dodge dealership (Santa Monica) was so good to me with this truck. If I called with a question the service manager didn't know the answer to he would put me through to a mechanic in the garage or if I was there he would let me speak to one. The parts guy would give me a trade discount. And just before I sold it I couldn't get it to pass smog and they told me to take it in and only charged me $60 including the cert. When I switched to the Chevy it was a very different experience at the dealership and I don't think I ever left feeling satisfied or that I had got my moneys worth.

I swapped a motor from one Ramcharger to the other an an apartment complex parking lot at night. By myself. Totally redneck but I was proud and I didn’t make enough noise to piss anybody off. These trucks were easy to work on.

I was not a fan of those ignition systems though. Soon as it got damp out they ran like shit. I swapped a GM HEI distributor and computer carb and harness from an ‘85 Malibu (305) and put a cam in it that thing ran smooth as shit and screamed like a banshee. It was a two tone tan/brown with tan interior black dash. Never had the turbine wheels on any of mine so super jelly of yours.

Two other notable ones I would like to mention were a ‘78 with a 360 out of a Córdoba with 4” lift and 35” tires. That was a fun toy.

Also had a ‘79 with quad headlights, two tone green exterior with GREEN interior. That one was unique looking.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome! I've always had a preference towards 2wd rigs. So much potential there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE