Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet video!! Watched it a few times to check out all the little details going on. Wheels spin really nice.

ha, thanks man. yeah i had no idea the sun would bounce off that chrome that way. turned out pretty good

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other day i fired her up and heard PSHHHHH and saw it was leaking what i THOUGHT was antifreeze. but it turns out, it was the dye in the freon.

d158.jpg

Turns out it was a couple small gaskets leaking on the lines off the compressor. My buddy came right over and took her back to his shop.

I remembered When i lowered it they recommended i replace bushings and idler and pitman. So we did that too.

New bushings
New idler arm
New pitman arm
Fixed AC leak was little gaskets that blew

ANOTHER alignment :)

Also, my oil gauge has been reading all types of weird bouncy up and down lately and i noticed a little drip by the pressure sensor i just put in there.
So we ordered a new AC Delco from the local dealership and That was it! hard to believe a new part would be that bad from the start. So to anyone doing their Oil Pressure Sensor - USE THE AC DELCO one!

Plus, this plastic pillar with the tweeter has drove me nuts ever since i got it. i could see it had been held on with glue and that tweeter never worked. But the price for a new one or even a used one was too expensive everywhere. I finally came across one with the tweeter in pewter on ebay. And NOW my tweeter works on the left. So that minor thing is handled too.

d156.jpg

d157.jpg

i figured i didn't really need 3 vehicles, so i put my Lexus GS400 up for sale and it sold immediately. So, goodbye Lexus, you were one of the nicest overall cars i ever owned! She went to a good home though and i got everything i wanted out of it

g399.jpg

i didnt plan on the Denali going in to the shop again so i had to use my '50 as a daily driver for the last few days, which was fun and all but that is NOT a daily driver. No power steering no power brakes no AC you name it. it's old school.

f188.jpg

anyways.. long story short.. nice to have my Denali back.

Love this truck!

d155.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I miss my gs400 I had when I lived in Vegas, pearl white. Loved that car.
But sounds like it was time. Bittersweet :rolleyes:
More money and time for the nali!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big1975