Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell yeah. which compressor?

Honestly I'm looking at the 21 gallon one since there's a coupon out now for it for $150 and I can sell my little one to recoup some of that. But I may go for the next one up depending on the price

And I think I might get 2 more of the spray guns, 1 for primer and 1 for clear

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I'm looking at the 21 gallon one since there's a coupon out now for it for $150 and I can sell my little one to recoup some of that. But I may go for the next one up depending on the price

And I think I might get 2 more of the spray guns, 1 for primer and 1 for clear

unfortunately, im not sure the 21 wont be enough CFM. Need at least 6-7CFM. And you only need one gun. The gun i got comes with 3 different tips. I generally only use the 1.3 tip for base and clear. Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
unfortunately, the 21 wont be enough CFM. Need at least 6-7CFM. And you only need one gun. The gun i got comes with 3 different tips. I generally only use the 1.3 tip for base and clear. Just my 2 cents :)
When I used to spray bumper covers, my 20 gal compressor was good. Granted, I was using a mini gun, but it filled the bill. Goes up to 150 psi.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, im not sure the 21 wont be enough CFM. Need at least 6-7CFM. And you only need one gun. The gun i got comes with 3 different tips. I generally only use the 1.3 tip for base and clear. Just my 2 cents :)

That's good to know about the guns maybe I'll get 1 more to run primer through?
As far as the compressor I figured it probably be ok since I won't be painting the whole truck like you did just a good here? Trunk there? Bumpers and wheels but not everything at once

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's good to know about the guns maybe I'll get 1 more to run primer through?
As far as the compressor I figured it probably be ok since I won't be painting the whole truck like you did just a good here? Trunk there? Bumpers and wheels but not everything at once
If you don't need the thick primer, why not just use the primer in the can? When I painted I had a gun for paint, and a gun for clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879