pet fur removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have 2 dogs that spend some time in the vehicles. Having leather seats helps a lot but their fur seems to stick to automotive carpet like it's glued on! What do the pro's use to get pet hair out of the carpet? I've heard of the rubber glove method and tried one of those gimmick vacuum cleaner attachments but they just don't seem to get all the hair. My wife brought her Wrangler to the detailer's and when we got it back I couldn't see any fur anywhere!!

any tips would be greatly appreciated

almightys

Reaction score
buy i'd like to know any tricks with this too! we have a cargo liner but it still gets in the carpet in areas

97 yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
fabric softner and water

I am a detailer at a dealership, What I do for bad pet hair is a 50/50 mix of fabric softner and water and a "sticky" rubber glove. The fab. softner lets the hair slide around and can work its way out of the carpets loops and hooks then a good strong shop vac, I have had neglected vehicles which the only way to get it all was to pull the carpet and powerwash it out. Hope this helps

BluBrett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I get pet hair loose with a "nail brush" (go to a craft store, they're usually only $1), and then vacuum it all up with a shop vac.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consumer reports said the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair actually worked pretty well for vehicles. It's about $8

CWgauge

Reaction score
I use a lint roller and a latex glove. The glove will get a lot of it and the roller for the rest.

Dylan@Adams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually recently used the Scotch Fur Fighter for Cars (you can get it at target or walmart) Its kind of like a plastic sandpaper material... but it worked great. Used it for a customers car that I knew was gonna be bad b/c she had cats.

Couple of swipes and it pulled up everything. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
packle