Park assist Retro. Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you take a picture?
Damaged also. Passenger rear door sill trim not reinstalled correctly either. They have ordered some replacement parts. Also broke the cargo net hook plastic cover.

Attachments

• IMG_9331.jpeg
    IMG_9331.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9328.jpeg
    IMG_9328.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9327.jpeg
    IMG_9327.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 23

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damaged also. Passenger rear door sill trim not reinstalled correctly either. They have ordered some replacement parts. Also broke the cargo net hook plastic cover.
Rookie tech on the job that day. Didn't bother to read SI for removing that trim panel and tried prying on the arm rest. That arm rest is heat staked onto that sidewall panel and NOT removable. Glad they are going to take care of it and order replacement parts for you. Hopefully a more experienced tech is on the job when they get replaced as it's an even bigger job to replace the entire panel.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Sorry that happened. That is terrible. I hope you are able to get everything back to what it was prior to the repairs.

thill466

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer called my parts are in, retrofit next week. They said 1.5 hours install time.

I highly recommend calling and asking the status of your retrofit. My original dealer took my VIN and said they would call as soon as parts were available for order. I got my oil changed at a dealer closer to me and asked them about availability and they ordered the parts and now have me scheduled next week to install. Still no info from original dealer.

dcyy

Reaction score
My front/rear park assist features were installed today 7/26..they were ordered by my service mgr. 2 weeks ago after she notified me they were available.Never received a letter from GM like I was told so if you are still waiting have your serv. dept. order them-they're in stock

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technician did not reinstall my rear trim correctly, ugh. Now have to go back in. Not overly impressed with the feature. Doesn’t seem very responsive.
Exactly. I wondered if there was a setting somewhere. Doesn’t seem to be. Luckily I got used to the size and able to park pretty effortlessly, even in small spots, without the assist. Probably helps one of my first vehicles growing up in narrow European streets was a 72 Suburban :)

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rookie tech on the job that day. Didn't bother to read SI for removing that trim panel and tried prying on the arm rest. That arm rest is heat staked onto that sidewall panel and NOT removable. Glad they are going to take care of it and order replacement parts for you. Hopefully a more experienced tech is on the job when they get replaced as it's an even bigger job to replace the entire panel.
Where can I find the si for this cause that makes me even more mad

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
I have had my 22’ Tahoe LT for 8 months now and waiting for the parking assist. I have had no issue with it, hope they don’t mess something up.

If Chevy wants to sell $60k-$90k cars they really seem to need to up their service game. A $40k bmw would seem to get you better service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700