Park assist Retro. Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, my rear cross traffic/pedestrian detection works but not the parking sensors.

I don't think any of us have heard from GMC/Chevy regarding this retro, and my local dealership is oblivious how the retro process even works.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like what I have is the rear cross traffic/pedestrian detection system and not the park assist. I now recall what my 2015 Yukon had was the dic with the curved colored lines when pulling in the garage which I don;t have now so that is what is missing.
Looks like GM could care less whether we ever get these promised "Retrofit" items!

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received this letter from GM about two weeks ago. I'm waiting for retrofit for heated seats and parking assist.
Called the dealer and they said they can do the seats but not the park assist as of now. They have the parts for the front seats but not the rear
and won't schedule an appointment until they have all the parts. I asked about the parking assist and they don't know when the parts will be
available. Anyone else get a letter like this and if so how long did it take to get it done?

Attachments

• E09C7B2E-1856-416D-BABD-85E6285EFA59.jpeg
    E09C7B2E-1856-416D-BABD-85E6285EFA59.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 23
  • D41AD38E-03BF-4274-B070-00159579E5EE.jpeg
    D41AD38E-03BF-4274-B070-00159579E5EE.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

gtzy7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to know if the Park Assist Module is the component that is involved in making the retrofit work. If so, do the vehicles involved have a PA Module without a certain chip or is the PA Module absent from the vehicles. Would the retrofit involve adding a chip/board to the existing module or replacing entire module? Where on the vehicle is this Module located?
update:
I've located the Park Assist Module in the rear area of the Right Quarter panel. It is visible thru the grille opening of the trim panel. There is white insulation/sound proofing sheet hanging over the grille opening which can be lifted up by inserting a thin screw driver thru the grille opening. Module has a part number on it of 86822914. Dealer service advisor is telling me they have no info of when/or how this retrofit program will happen. I presume when available, working modules will eventually be sent to dealers and owners will be notified or perhaps the opposite that notices may be sent to owners who in turn contact dealers to set up retro fit similar to recall process.

Last edited:

Crabby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a good question! As of now they don't have the parts for the park assist.
I'm taking mine in on the 27th for the heated seats and I'll try to talk to a tech
to see what's involved. I know that doesn't help you now but I need to know anyway.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how they say subtract $50 for the rear parking sensors or $150 for the heated/vented seats.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how they say subtract $50 for the rear parking sensors or $150 for the heated/vented seats.
They do that for legal reasons. They gave you “consideration” in the form of monetary gain; and you gave them agreement for a “later retrofit.” Therefore, you can’t sue; because it’s a contract.

Well, of course you can sue but you won’t win.

OP
OP
Billy Ray

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep,
Mine says...
CREDIT - NOT EQUIPPED W/ -50.00
FRONT/REAR PARK ASSIST;
INCLUDES LATER RETROFIT

Also mine was into the dealer yesterday and I asked about this and they have heard nothing about these two retrofits, but were getting some of the heated seats retrofits
When I go to my dealer to check they don’t know anything or any estimate of when. I have called GMC customer Service and they don’t have any estimate but was able to confirm that my Yukon is on the list and promised me they would definitely let me know with a recall letter. Sill I received my Yukon on April 10th 2022 and almost at 1 year. Customer Service did tell me I can check with them every week if I would like. Good luck with yours I will keep posted

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery in March 2022 of my Yukon SLT and about a week ago received a folder/letter that said they were giving me 12,500 reward points and 6 months free Onstar for the "inconvenience" suffered by the shortage of parts to get my park assist and heated steering wheel retrofitted. But no time frame when and if the items will be done.

FatBob

Reaction score
I took delivery in March 2022 of my Yukon SLT and about a week ago received a folder/letter that said they were giving me 12,500 reward points and 6 months free Onstar for the "inconvenience" suffered by the shortage of parts to get my park assist and heated steering wheel retrofitted. But no time frame when and if the items will be done.
Did GM do this "out of the blue" or had you been asking when you would get the retro fits?
It's been nine months and I am still waiting for retro fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts