Park assist Retro. Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer got my park assist part in, taking Yukon in Monday for install. Still nothing on heated steering wheel retrofit after 16 months!

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They really scratched up both panels on a guy on the Facebook group. Check your cars out, back panels both sides. Or better yet, ask before they do the install how many have they done and how will they do it!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After waiting 16 months for my park assist retrofit I finally got it installed today! It works perfect and glad to have only one more retrofit to have done, the heated steering wheel. Dealer says they have been doing Sierra pickups so should not be too much longer for the Yukons.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go figure, dealer calls me today and says my heated steering wheel retrofit is now available, two days after I had it in for the Park Assist retrofit!

dcyy

Reaction score
Finally got my official notification by mail from GM stating that my 16 1/2 month wait for front/rear chips is over and to contact the dealer...who coincidently installed them 2 1/2 weeks ago!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my official notification by mail from GM stating that my 16 1/2 month wait for front/rear chips is over and to contact the dealer...who coincidently installed them 2 1/2 weeks ago!
Yep, I never received anything from GM yet, my longtime service writer has been on top of mine and called me immediately when the system notified him my retrofits were available.

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear panel replaced today, alignment still crap. Make sure your service tech knows what they are doing on park assist retrofit. They should not have to take all the seats out or the back quarter panel out. Sounds like the experienced tech that I had today would not have had me in the predicament I now find myself in. Panel #3 now ordered.

At least my heated steering wheel looks right

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 22’ Tahoe LT for 8 months now and waiting for the parking assist. I have had no issue with it, hope they don’t mess something up.

If Chevy wants to sell $60k-$90k cars they really seem to need to up their service game. A $40k bmw would seem to get you better service.
And significantly higher costs for regular maintenance....I priced an X7 before buying my Yukon. Then asked the salesman to pull out the maintenance schedule. I walked back to the service drive and asked the costs for the scheduled maintenance items...then I realized how the dealership could have the nice leather chairs in the service waiting area, the gourment coffee, and the scented air in the dealership.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had the oil and filter with tire rotation done on my 22 Yukon 2 weeks ago when in for the retrofit and it was $179!

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And significantly higher costs for regular maintenance....I priced an X7 before buying my Yukon. Then asked the salesman to pull out the maintenance schedule. I walked back to the service drive and asked the costs for the scheduled maintenance items...then I realized how the dealership could have the nice leather chairs in the service waiting area, the gourment coffee, and the scented air in the dealership.

It really all depends. One thing to keep in mind is with BMW all services for the first 36k/3yrs are free. I just paid $230 for the 2nd oil change on my Suburban diesel, that didn’t even include a tire rotation. Comparatively oil change for my X7 M50i past the first 3 years is under $200. Yes definitely the consumables like brakes/tires will be more expensive and you will go through them quicker but you get much better ride quality and handling in return.

Lastly it used to be true that GM truck based platform was pretty bulletproof and could run many years on oil changed alone. In the new era of heavy electronics use I believe this is no longer the case. My last two GMs (19 Silverado and current 22 Suburban) have had glitches in first year of ownership like a check engine light and Suburban completely stalled and fried transmission module with less than 5k miles on it. Ironically both of our X7s have had no such issues with 30k+ miles on both.

I plan to keep both the X7 and Suburban long term so it will certainly be interesting to see how they both hold up as they age and rack up more miles..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas