painting depo cutoff shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Ok, back to the original topic...

agreed..but real quick if you decide do get some halos make a thread im interested in seeing how it works out.also cheap and good quality generally don't go hand in hand so idk i am on hidplanet.com just to learn what other are saying and tons of ppl are saying stick with good ccfls :worship::Stupid Me::think::shrug:...... just a nice thread to look at about painting cutoff shields..

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?33357-cutoff-shield-painting

there saying that dupli color metalcast is working well witch gives the lens a better color rather than a flat less accurate reflection...they also were baking them before putting them in which was interesting..

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed..but real quick if you decide do get some halos make a thread im interested in seeing how it works out.also cheap and good quality generally don't go hand in hand so idk i am on hidplanet.com just to learn what other are saying and tons of ppl are saying stick with good ccfls :worship::Stupid Me::think::shrug:...... just a nice thread to look at about painting cutoff shields..

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?33357-cutoff-shield-painting

there saying that dupli color metalcast is working well witch gives the lens a better color rather than a flat less accurate reflection...they also were baking them before putting them in which was interesting..

Will do. Wont be anytime soon, but i will make a thread. Right now still searching and looking around to see whats the best with out breaking the bank.

i'll check out that site.

thanks for you guys help and links.

might be pming you guys w/ questions.. :Handshake:

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Will do. Wont be anytime soon, but i will make a thread. Right now still searching and looking around to see whats the best with out breaking the bank.

i'll check out that site.

thanks for you guys help and links.

might be pming you guys w/ questions.. :Handshake:

your welcome and its a great site tons of ricers but thats where projectors are now..its extreamly helpful...ill be on there with the same username!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, just my opinion but if you do the halo retro, I would go smd halo. They don't need ballasts and supposedly last longer and startup is instant. And with leds, usually, cheap or expensive, they're made the same way so are pretty equal. Ccfls look better close up because it's a solid halo but smd halos can look just as good. Hurry up so we can see the results!:whip::whip:

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
also if your looking at projectors i have heard wonders through the mini mormito H1s!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Hey Mike, just my opinion but if you do the halo retro, I would go smd halo. They don't need ballasts and supposedly last longer and startup is instant. And with leds, usually, cheap or expensive, they're made the same way so are pretty equal. Ccfls look better close up because it's a solid halo but smd halos can look just as good. Hurry up so we can see the results!:whip::whip:

lol do it for him hahahaha

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also if your looking at projectors i have heard wonders through the mini mormito H1s!

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

I've heard about the morimotos but what are the mini H1s.ok. I'll do it for him but I need him to send me his housings and his truck and the title to it. lol.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your welcome and its a great site tons of ricers but thats where projectors are now..its extreamly helpful...ill be on there with the same username!

Yep already saw your thread on there when you posted up the link. Said, that name sounds familiar.. lol

I am going to do the smd ones. Ive been looking and looking and seen pictures, i dont like the ccfl. Yeah they are brighter, but thye are almost just like my led halos, you cant see them unless its dusk out. I want to be unique and stand out during the brightness of the day. and hurry up, Read the last comment, that will speed things up. Dealing w/ school and work i dont have much time to search online for smd halos only on the weekend, but then its schoool work.

Yeah i see that on that site, i dont know yet. Retros seraching is going to take awhile. ive got denaliak, physch's threads saved along w/ some others. So just got to see what i can find. And how im going to do it w/ my headlights, since they are different than the depo everyones using.

and ha ha ha.. wish it was that easy. I'll take teh pictures..

I've heard about the morimotos but what are the mini H1s.ok. I'll do it for him but I need him to send me his housings and his truck and the title to it. lol.

For the minis, im still reading up on all that. But like i said i might be getting some s2k ones and if so, then i'll be using them. Big maybe though.

But the halos might be coming first.
My plan is to do 4 retros, low and high, like that evo i posted earlier, then do smd halos. And if that goes well, get a Z71 valance w/ the circle fogs and smd halo them also. I think that would look sweet.

If you guys come across anyone doing a 4 retro in the headlights, let me know, i see one guy in hidplanet, but it just stopped, nothing else on it. Or a good package deal for the smd halos all four. B/c i cant seem to find them for some reason, i only find headlights not the rings.

Forgot, the housings check, the Truck and title-- uh.. Nope. lol

MIKE

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
The mini-Morimotos are nice, but bi-xenon. Not sure you want that, especially if you try to do a quad setup (although that would give you a hell of a lot of light on high-beam!).

Mike, just saw that EVO pic. That is sick looking! I gotta see it if you do it....

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mini-Morimotos are nice, but bi-xenon. Not sure you want that, especially if you try to do a quad setup (although that would give you a hell of a lot of light on high-beam!).

Mike, just saw that EVO pic. That is sick looking! I gotta see it if you do it....

Yeah after i saw that pic especially w/ the red eyes, im sold on doing a quad setup. At least try it out.

Guys, i think im going to make a thread about all this, instead of ******* up whiteout01's...

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=298905#post298905 MY thread, go there and post up some more help for me and i'll get this thing going.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe

Latest posts