Painted interior. Wish I had not.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about some of the paint melting. Its been twice already where its gotten to about 90 here and I grab the door to open it and seems like the paint litteraly melts. Any way to get that to stick strongly? Ive used *** sem adhesive promoter underneath.

I haven't had that issue. Lasted all last summer and been 90-100s here and still there

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bulldog is the proper adhesion promoter.

This will make no difference if the chemical you used to remove the paint prior ( I think you said oven cleaner ) is not completely free from the pores of the surface.

I would clean it with a solution of Soap and water with a scrubby. Then rub it down real good with alcohol then bulldog then pant very light hands.

Do not use preps all on plastic.

I have done this many times over and it has held for years. Should not be a problem.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Did you try brake cleaner? That's a good way to strip paint and it gets it all off then prep right n spray

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick to soap and water on plastic... dawn works good

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick to soap and water on plastic... dawn works good

I use dawn on most everything. And my IPA is same as what I use to wipe down aircraft and composites. I like ardrox as well because it doesn't leave any residue s.

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try brake cleaner? That's a good way to strip paint and it gets it all off then prep right n spray

Tried ez off oven cleaner and didnt work. I will try brake cleaner next.
I deff need to strip because I didnt do a good job prepping and coating. I rushed everything.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

So I will strip as best as possible.
Wash with dawn and water. Dry.
Wipe down with alcohol.
Use bulldog adhesive
Spray sem black several coats
Spray 2k hardener
Spray with the flat to take down gloss.

Do I need to use a heat gun at all?
How many or how thick of adhesive coating?
And how long should the parts rest in between coats and how long before I install it? Ive hurd 24hrs

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Leave in brake fluid for a lil bit so it gets in there and strips making it easier for ya

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try airplane paint remover. It should do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz