Paintbrushed my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
GIMP is one of the best. Quick tip - just start playing lol, you'll figure it out soon enough. Take high resolution pics and it is way easier to edit them. I have a graphics design / computer repair business on the side and GIMP is what I use.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i remember right, a lot of what GIMP has is the same as Photoshop. I'm sure there's tutorials out there that will help you learn, but ecordell is right - best way to learn is just playing around with it.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant figure gimp out for crap. what do i use to drop, remove rear bumper and roof racks, and change the tails?

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant figure gimp out for crap. what do i use to drop, remove rear bumper and roof racks, and change the tails?

I don't know the specific tools in GIMP, but I'll tell you how I'd do it in Photoshop. Should be similar.

Use the eraser to get rid of the bumper and roof racks.
Find a picture of the tails you want. Use whatever select tool you choose to grab only the tails, copy, switch back to your truck, paste, then move and resize to fit.
To drop, select the entire truck except the wheels, then use the move tool to bring it down. (TIP: Holding the shift key while moving in PS allows whatever you're moving to stay in line.)

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is my attempt. i got this far but i am having trouble lowering it with gimp. help!

can someone also try cleaning it up, thanks

photoshoppednali2.jpg

02 Cat Cutter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
can you retain the factory hitch with a roll pan? I love the look of your truck, I want the roll pan so I can match it up with my ss valence, but I gotta tow my boat. nice work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924