Paint Issue 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up i have a 2021 RST my paint is chipping in the same spot also corner of bumper and front fender and on the trunk along the moulding. Ive brought to dealer and they told me it looks like someone tried to steal the moulding and refuse to fix it. Truck has 7000 miles on it. I am beyond furious and corporate denied my claim. Anyone have any idea what else to do
Have the same thing - dealer (not the one I bought it from ) is saying the headlight area probably covered but that GM won’t cover the tailgate trim because a dealer installed it during the PDI process … one thing after another with this thing. As far as I’m concerned I bought a new car with a warranty and both should be covered

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far mines just chipping away in the front areas by the headlights. Figured I’d wait for it to get worse before taking it in, plus I’m curious how bad it messes up with winter coming (I live in Iowa) and maybe the expansion and contraction of the plastic might mess it up worse.

What I’m overly curious on is the repair. If their process is to just remove, paint, then reinstall how is that going to fix it? Unless they can somehow re-align it to prevent it from happening again???