Paint Issue 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craignor

Reaction score
Don't count on it. It will be a design issue that ALL of them have, or some other BS reason.

A bumper to bumper waranty should cover design issues, everything except wear and tear or operator error.

Hrocks

Reaction score
A bumper to bumper waranty should cover design issues, everything except wear and tear or operator error.

You obviously have never run into any of those "design" issues. Unless you're dealing with a potential lemon law situation, the dealer then the factory reps eventually tell you (sometimes in not too nice of terms) there's nothing more they can do because...

Red2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tailgate 2021 Tahoe paint issues. Along the rear long Chevy applique I had several tiny chips pf paint missing. (see picture). chip.jpg I purchased the Tahoe through AAA buying service and they obtained the vehicle at a dealership over 100 miles away from my location. After getting three quotes, the dealership had me go to a local body shop ( the lowest bid) for repair. That shop made it worst. (See picture). failed repar.jpg The AAA buying service is now paying for a local dealership to repair the paint and replace the applique panel.

The 1st shop either rushed the job and didn't give the repair enough time to dry or they didn't prep the PLASTIC panel (that the applique mounts to) properly according to five body shops I consulted.

Bottom line:
Do some research on what needs to be done to you vehicle and ask the shop (and other professionals) what they intend to do before you have then touch it. Although the 1st shop was highly recommended, they really did a bad job.

2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Tahoe in Graywood metallic, we noticed the headlight was rubbing the paint off the bumper cover shortly after we got it. Took it to service, they sent it off and had it painted. About a week after we got it back it started again, had it fixed again and now its doing it again.
Its just under the headlight on the outer edge, is anyone else having this issue? it almost seems like a fitment issue because the bumper and headlight have no gap in between.

Whats up i have a 2021 RST my paint is chipping in the same spot also corner of bumper and front fender and on the trunk along the moulding. Ive brought to dealer and they told me it looks like someone tried to steal the moulding and refuse to fix it. Truck has 7000 miles on it. I am beyond furious and corporate denied my claim. Anyone have any idea what else to do

2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tailgate 2021 Tahoe paint issues. Along the rear long Chevy applique I had several tiny chips pf paint missing. (see picture). View attachment 274839 I purchased the Tahoe through AAA buying service and they obtained the vehicle at a dealership over 100 miles away from my location. After getting three quotes, the dealership had me go to a local body shop ( the lowest bid) for repair. That shop made it worst. (See picture). View attachment 274840 The AAA buying service is now paying for a local dealership to repair the paint and replace the applique panel.

The 1st shop either rushed the job and didn't give the repair enough time to dry or they didn't prep the PLASTIC panel (that the applique mounts to) properly according to five body shops I consulted.

Bottom line:
Do some research on what needs to be done to you vehicle and ask the shop (and other professionals) what they intend to do before you have then touch it. Although the 1st shop was highly recommended, they really did a bad job.
I have the same exact paint issue problem

2021RST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tailgate 2021 Tahoe paint issues. Along the rear long Chevy applique I had several tiny chips pf paint missing. (see picture). View attachment 274839 I purchased the Tahoe through AAA buying service and they obtained the vehicle at a dealership over 100 miles away from my location. After getting three quotes, the dealership had me go to a local body shop ( the lowest bid) for repair. That shop made it worst. (See picture). View attachment 274840 The AAA buying service is now paying for a local dealership to repair the paint and replace the applique panel.

Bottom line:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Patfans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Bottom line:
I had the same problem as well on my Z71. The paint almost looked like it was peeling in a couple spots around the trunk applique. Noticed it right when it was delivered. They have since fixed it (sent it to their "GM approved body shop"). Took them 2 1/2 weeks because the applique breaks when its removed and they ordered replacement after replacement because each one came in scratched or they scratched it while installing.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys have owned other Chevys thru the years but this is a known problem with Chevy manufacturing process. I have seen it in recent year camaros and corvettes as well, corvette forum has a long thread on this. Luckily my vette didn't had rubbing/peeling issue but m,y 2018 Tahoe had it on multiple panels. Only fix is to repaint them and adjust the tightness. Sad that Chevy management is not paying any attention to numerous complains on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094