Paint Issue 2021 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlufftonJR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Tahoe in Graywood metallic, we noticed the headlight was rubbing the paint off the bumper cover shortly after we got it. Took it to service, they sent it off and had it painted. About a week after we got it back it started again, had it fixed again and now its doing it again.
Its just under the headlight on the outer edge, is anyone else having this issue? it almost seems like a fitment issue because the bumper and headlight have no gap in between.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m not much help here but others will chime in

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could request the bumper be adjusted, shimmed or even trimmed if needed ?

with out seeing in person, it is just a guess as to the best fix...although it shouldnt be doing it.

sadly, the urethane covers can grow and flex rather easily.

OP
OP
B

BlufftonJR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the district manager came down last week and looked at it but they have yet to call me with any update, its going in friday for 2 recalls so maybe they will tell us a gameplan.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could do a paint protection film, but that is just a delayed wear item at that point

Craignor

Reaction score
They will have to make it right, I am sure. Cause that’s ridiculous.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are going to have to make adjustments of headlight or bumper or both

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645