PA Inspection....FAIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my tahoe failed inspection. problems are / were as follows:

1) tires stick out part the fender flares
2) head lights are blocked by gaurd
3) Windshield has a tint stip at the top that is .5" too low

I told him I have the stock wheels wrapped in 245s I'll bring in and teh headlight bars are removable....wasn't good enough since it is like it is now. I could put the tires and uncover the lights, but I am not dicing up my tint for .5" or so.

It passed emmisions though and got that sticker.

So lesson learned about the chain places, it was the first and last time I try one (CJ tire). Typically they hook me up at this store too with free tire patches and stuff. Oh well, $40 down the tubes.

On a positive note, the guy I use for welding and custom chassis work does inspection. I called and explained my problem. He will take care of it on Monday. I'll throw the wheels and tires in the back and head over to him. good mechanics are hard to find. These guys earn my work, do damn good work there and worth every penny! Plus he'll only inspect for guys he knows.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad Iowa does not do inspections.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sucks, but I like that it is yearly for all the idiots who don't fix things, keeps the cars a little safer. Just some laws are so stupid.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On one hand im really glad Indiana doesn't have inspections but we have SO many dangerous POS vehicles on the road its ridiculous.

i would have to find a friend in a higher place to slide through inspections here if they had them, as im sure they would be ridiculous on bumper/headlight/etc height. tint wouldn't pass, etc, etc.

HankHill

Reaction score
I don't mind safety inspections. Just wish they'd focus on the things that made a difference to the motorists sharing the road like bad brakes, shot ball joints, and inop brake lights.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed.

As for mudflaps, yeah, I need them too, but most people let that one slide.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you weren't so far away I'd give you the number to my uncles shop. Hell he helped gut my cat before he inspected it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts