#7 misfire + general misfire. AFM lifter fail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving home from work my 2018 Yukon Denali with 89K miles was running great. Took off rather quickly from a stop light then shortly after check engine light came on with #7 misfire plus general misfire. Idles a little rough, no ticking that I can hear and exhaust seems to be fuel rich.

Haven't had time to troubleshoot but thinking new non AFM lifters are in order. I already have AFM tuned out. Possible #7 injector, coil, plug?

Not sure how this made it under the interior section????

Last edited:

HockeyRandall53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
having the same issue with my 2016 denali I got a cylinder 7 and and 1 other I cant recall right now, but it was a non DOD cylinder so I'm not sure what's going there. whole car shakes really bad while running and is obviously running way rich do to the misfire. haven't gotten to far into the trouble shooting, but looks like my next step is taking off the valve covers and get a good look at the top end. really hoping its not major as I just bought the car 2 months ago. if anyone has any info on this that would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork