P0521 and P0523 error code during roadtrip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you trust the accuracy of the foot pound you have, go 4 ft lbs and then 8 ft lbs and will be good. I know when you use the click type torque wrenches and you hear the first click, everyone always clicks it again 2-3 times and that small movement is actually torquing more than what was asked for.

OP
OP
S

shimmyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you trust the accuracy of the foot pound you have, go 4 ft lbs and then 8 ft lbs and will be good. I know when you use the click type torque wrenches and you hear the first click, everyone always clicks it again 2-3 times and that small movement is actually torquing more than what was asked for.
Lol I don’t. I got a new torque wrench needed one anyway. Got everything put back together, codes gone, oil pressure sensor working properly again. Got a little bit of smoke on startup but II‘m guessing that was due to the spilled fuel. Outside of breaking the pcv hose to the intake and having to replace that ($15 from the dealer) it was a pretty easy job. Thanks everyone for the advice. I swear this is the most useful automotive forum out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWoolf777