2008 Tahoe P0300, Rough Idle After Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

davidkramer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wait.. did you replace the afm lifters with non afm lifters? or new afm and if afm what brand?

I've seen threads where guys put new Amazon/ebay(China) afm lifters and they fail from the first start having to do it all again. the only acceptable brands are oem gm, not bought from Amazon. either dealer, gm parts direct or rock auto seem to be the only trusted source these days. or millings, the company that makes the oil pumps.

before you pull the head, pull the valve cover and see if a rocker on 1 and 7 is loose meaning the lifter is stuck down.

good luck..
Thank you. He purchased the lifters for both sides from RockAuto, I don't remember the brand but I believe Millings because that's what the oil pump is. He is going to take the valve cover off on Friday and check for the rocker arms and take the head apart again if that seems fine. I have the car sitting but was weird is that the misfire code almost goes away when the car is warmed up or if you are doing freeway driving. When it is cold or in stop and go traffic, it comes on quickly.

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey can anybody answer this question for me I want to know if a 2014 stand with angle sensor will fit a 2009 Tahoe Chevrolet says the steering wheel angle sensor is discontinent so I want to know if the 2014 to fit on a 2009 if anybody here ever had this problem with the attraction stabilizer light coming on

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I have just helped a friend clear stabilitrak and violently shaking engine by removing and cleaning the throttle body also changed the throttle body sensor which may not have been needed but he's running smooth once again, check that if you haven't done so as yet!
PS I also found a broken wire on the sensor connector
2008 Tahoe with traction stabilizer light on and I changed the steering wheel angle sensor and I still have the lights on and I already checked the wheel speed sensors I don't know what to do next

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe with traction stabilizer light on and I changed the steering wheel angle sensor and I still have the lights on and I already checked the wheel speed sensors I don't know what to do next

best to start another thread.

I have no idea about steering wheel sensors on these trucks

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. He purchased the lifters for both sides from RockAuto, I don't remember the brand but I believe Millings because that's what the oil pump is. He is going to take the valve cover off on Friday and check for the rocker arms and take the head apart again if that seems fine. I have the car sitting but was weird is that the misfire code almost goes away when the car is warmed up or if you are doing freeway driving. When it is cold or in stop and go traffic, it comes on quickly.

pulling the valve cover should show pretty quickly if the new lifters are stuck.

just remember you can't use non AFM lifters on a afm cam. I don't know if that's what he did, but it's been tried before and it seems to lead to a miss. you have to use a afm delete kit that comes with cam, lifters and new pushrods I believe and then have it turned off in the tune as well if you want to delete afm. it all kinda snowballs at that point.

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I have just helped a friend clear stabilitrak and violently shaking engine by removing and cleaning the throttle body also changed the throttle body sensor which may not have been needed but he's running smooth once again, check that if you haven't done so as yet!
PS I also found a broken wire on the sensor connector
2008 Taho ltz and I just changed the steering wheel column because my traction is stabilizer light was coming on and the angle sensor was bad and now I'm having a cold reading c0455 and co242 can anybody out here tell me what these codes mean

OP
OP
D

davidkramer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Friend pulled the head off and replaced the all the lifters on the driver side, replaced the head and valve gasket, with the same brand. Tahoe runs great now with no hesitation, no misfire and full computer diagnostic is perfect.
He sent the lifters (Meling) and head gasket (FelPro) back to RockAuto. Defective lifters was the final verdict.
Push rods, rocker arms still looked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar