P0011 code on 2007 yukon 6.2l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darrengee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did any of you get this problem resolved? I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 6.0 that's doing the same thing. I have already replaced the magnet and the cam position sensor. P0011 still comes up..

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did any of you get this problem resolved? I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 6.0 that's doing the same thing. I have already replaced the magnet and the cam position sensor. P0011 still comes up..
Finally solved the issue. It was the oil pickup tube o ring. Just had it replaced along with the oil pan gasket. No codes or service stabilitrack. I have had low oil pressure at idle for a long time. After o ring replacement oil pressure at idle is at least 20. Hope this helps the next guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is the oil pickup tube? inside the oil pan?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I took it to a mechanic to do. It was a pain in the ass to tackle myself. It was about $700 out the door.

Damn, I just had the pan dropped for the seal. I wish I would have known then.

Gmman5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, I took it to a mechanic to do. It was a pain in the ass to tackle myself. It was about $700 out the door.

Does this fix still seem to be holding for the P0011 code? Also what other things did you change before the Oring on the pickup tube?

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this fix still seem to be holding for the P0011 code? Also what other things did you change before the Oring on the pickup tube?

Still holding strong no more P0011 code since I changed the o-ring. I changed the oil pressure switch on the back of the engine, I also changed the cam sensor. Both were pains in the ass to get to. I ended up having a shop do them.

Isidro Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still holding strong no more P0011 code since I changed the o-ring. I changed the oil pressure switch on the back of the engine, I also changed the cam sensor. Both were pains in the ass to get to. I ended up having a shop do them.
Hi man. I’ve been having the same issue with my 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2. I’ve replaced the cam shaft position sensor. My truck has 212000 miles. I also have the p0011 code. It also just started shutting off while I’m at a stop light for more than 3 minutes right now in the summer at 115 degrees. Did yours also shut off? Thank you for the reply.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mine never shut off.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the oil pressure sensor have anything to do with the p0011 code

Forum statistics

Threads