Over the air updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any over-the-air updates yet? I scan for updates every month and nothing is available. I also have it set to download in background, but the version stays the same.

Just curious if any other 2021 Tahoe/Yukon's out there have noticed anything. My infotainment system has had zero issues, but it seems MFGs always push new versions frequently with new vehicles.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. The only OTA update I’ve gotten was to fix a recall related to air bags during the summer of last year.

During one of my dealer visits they applied some sort of update to it that wasn’t OTA to fix a black screen issue when cold on the infotainment system although I’ve never experienced that problem. Since that update when using the turn signals they occasionally stop making the clicking noise for 3-4 flashes then it comes back. Going to ask if there’s any more updates they can apply to make that go away.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told by my dealer that gm has stopped all over the air updates due to internal issues like vehicles not taking the full downloads and causing hardware issues and such so as of right now they have to be brought in to be updated.

OP
OP
B520044

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll leave it be. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any over-the-air updates yet? I scan for updates every month and nothing is available. I also have it set to download in background, but the version stays the same.

Just curious if any other 2021 Tahoe/Yukon's out there have noticed anything. My infotainment system has had zero issues, but it seems MFGs always push new versions frequently with new vehicles.

I've received a few over the last 8 months or so. It seems to want to do it when I'm out and about so I wait until I'm home as I don't want to take a chance of something goofy happening away from home.

No idea what was updated though...

OP
OP
B520044

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've received a few over the last 8 months or so. It seems to want to do it when I'm out and about so I wait until I'm home as I don't want to take a chance of something goofy happening away from home.

No idea what was updated though...
Interesting, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz