Y168 Infotainment Updates Brought Amazon Alexa, Native Waze, and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed since I got the Y168 Infotainment update (dealer installed), I now have a few additional apps available in the Play Store, as well as Alexa App native.

Have not yet played w/ Alexa (I am not a user of that assistant at home, use the Google Assistant).

The Play store now has additional apps available too. Was able to download and install Waze native on the Infotainment unit, and its navigation instructions show on the HUD and in the Nav pane of the instrument cluster. Previous to this update, Waze was only available via Car Play or Android Auto...and did not provide nav info on the HUD...so I consider this a win for my favorite nav app!

There is also a Weather and Radar app, which shows a map, weather conditions in your area, and radar and cloud info; but it seems to be a bit buggy...sometimes times out or gives a "waiting" message...so while this had promise, it seems to be not working well right now.

I will caution, and it is posted over at this thread in the 2021+ General Discussion forum, this update brings some bugs to the Auto HVAC controls; which I am finding quite annoying right now.

landdog49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the INFO. I started installing Waze 2023 Yukon Denali. It got all the way through to scanning QR code. Galaxy S22 Ultra would not scan that. Do you have any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts