Outer Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTV Chaos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So as I've done on past vehicles as the stock parts wear out I upgrade them with sturdier parts, tie rods, ball joints, etc.

My tie rods are going out. Anyone have any recommendations? I've used Moog ball joints on my JK Jeep and those seem to hold up really well.

I have some time off in the next few weeks so plan on doing some work as my schedule allows.

Pete

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Moog would be your best bet. I made the mistake of installing Raybestos tie rod ends; within 5,000 miles, one boot split and another was cracked. I replaced the bad one with an ACDelco part, but I'll probably go Moog for both in the future. Makes no sense that GM puts 1/4 ton size tie rods on this 1/2 ton truck.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Yes, so far so good. They only have around 10-12k miles on them though.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog would be your best bet. I made the mistake of installing Raybestos tie rod ends; within 5,000 miles, one boot split and another was cracked. I replaced the bad one with an ACDelco part, but I'll probably go Moog for both in the future. Makes no sense that GM puts 1/4 ton size tie rods on this 1/2 ton truck.
Delco MOOG and Raybestos all have varying levels of quality lines available. Their expensive ones are good and their lower end ones are not. Keep that in mind. The R series isn't bad from MOOG per say, but the "Problem Solver" series from MOOG is generally much better for a reasonable cost increase.

jodster1073

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed Moog problem solvers last fall and have had any issues with them yet.

DesertRat

Reaction score
Will be lifting my tahoe this week and planned to replace tie rods. Are there options I should consider besides Moog Problem Solvers?

I've done a few random searches and they seem to be a general go-to.