Out of Ca state purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY found my premium package and where supplier pricing was honored with a vehicle on the lot.

However, I’m in Socal. The vehicle is in Texas!

texas will ship the vehicle to me in another week, after the sale of my used car. And my finance place will be taking over the loan and will do the Ca state taxes and license fees for me… great…

BUUTTT…

The vehicle is 50 state emissions compliant. Its just coming from out of state.

the odometer is 7 miles as of right now…

Anyone else register a new vehicle from out of state to Ca that was also 50 state emissions compliant? Was it a hassle?
Idk how i can get it smog tested so soon with less than 1-1,500K miles.

I have funds set aside for such instances as smog or inspection. I’m just not sure how this all goes or do you think it will be an easy process? =\

Thanks in Advanced!
Also I went with that White Frost!
CC4F165F-567F-47D1-B04D-C1B329D1448B.jpeg

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Congrats on the buy, glad you finally found one!

Pretty much all car forums have stories on CA situation, here is one from CF, should help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase, and I hope that all goes well in getting it through the California red tape, and onto the road for you.

OP
OP
Chloe_21

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the buy, glad you finally found one!

Pretty much all car forums have stories on CA situation, here is one from CF, should help.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Chloe_21

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase, and I hope that all goes well in getting it through the California red tape, and onto the road for you.
Thank you! My finance place is going to cut them a check as soon as I sell my car, and they’re going to take over everything and it will be California taxes and license fees. At least I don’t have to worry about that. Then they’re going to put it on a truck and have it shipped over it should take about a week maybe a little longer to get here it’s coming from 1300 miles away. I’m so excited I can’t wait!!!

Dez78n

Reaction score
Can I ask how you found it? I look thru true car, the gm site and a couple other places without much luck

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM site is your best bet. Expand search and May need to add different zip codes. I added a zip from a family member in CO and I’m in the west coast. I found one in IA but couldn’t reach a deal. I was willing to fly over there and drive back. Even got a quote and having it shipped to me for about $1200.

Dez78n

Reaction score
I think GM site is your best bet. Expand search and May need to add different zip codes. I added a zip from a family member in CO and I’m in the west coast. I found one in IA but couldn’t reach a deal. I was willing to fly over there and drive back. Even got a quote and having it shipped to me for about $1200.
I've tried the whole nationwide thing on gm. But maybe I'll try specific zip codes

Denali Brad

Reaction score
I FINALLY found my premium package and where supplier pricing was honored with a vehicle on the lot.

However, I’m in Socal. The vehicle is in Texas!

texas will ship the vehicle to me in another week, after the sale of my used car. And my finance place will be taking over the loan and will do the Ca state taxes and license fees for me… great…

BUUTTT…

The vehicle is 50 state emissions compliant. Its just coming from out of state.

the odometer is 7 miles as of right now…

Anyone else register a new vehicle from out of state to Ca that was also 50 state emissions compliant? Was it a hassle?
Idk how i can get it smog tested so soon with less than 1-1,500K miles.

I have funds set aside for such instances as smog or inspection. I’m just not sure how this all goes or do you think it will be an easy process? =\

Thanks in Advanced!
Also I went with that White Frost!
View attachment 347585
From what I found, you will not have a problem (other than paying CA taxes, fees, etc.) as long as it has never been registered. Are they transferring it to a dealership here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu