Organizing fasteners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am building a custom 2001 z71. maybe you see my other posts. i visit the junkyard a lot and when i do i always pickup loose fasteners that otherwise go to waste. my biggest pet peeve is when i loose a factory fastener. now i dont have that worry. however i have a ton of mis fasteners and need a good way to organize them. any cool ideas? right now they are unsorted and in old food containers.4b7f3afc75a077af6da3c7606e6bb34d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for me just like you have them (in trays) works for the most part, I can sort thru a tray and pick out what I need, having everything sorted into different trays is time consuming if I need something I generally know what tray to look in, I will semi-organize like (similar) things together, like washers, nuts, bolts, screw, clips etc but that's about it, I have over a thousand items for sale on ebay and I know pretty much right where any particular item is, yet it's not very organized at all.
then I have a number of plastic organizer trays with different things sorted, my problem is time and space.
having a bunch of spare parts and pieces like this can be a lifesaver, you can fix or repair or modify stuff so easy.

tray.jpg tray1.jpg tray2.jpg

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the organization! I do the same too! I pull out the clips, 7mm screws, 8mm screws, bulbs, fuses, electrical clip-ins, etc. I usually just separate them in sandwich bags and label them but I like what you're doing here. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
for me just like you have them (in trays) works for the most part, I can sort thru a tray and pick out what I need, having everything sorted into different trays is time consuming if I need something I generally know what tray to look in, I will semi-organize like (similar) things together, like washers, nuts, bolts, screw, clips etc but that's about it, I have over a thousand items for sale on ebay and I know pretty much right where any particular item is, yet it's not very organized at all.
then I have a number of plastic organizer trays with different things sorted, my problem is time and space.
having a bunch of spare parts and pieces like this can be a lifesaver, you can fix or repair or modify stuff so easy.

View attachment 240336 View attachment 240337 View attachment 240338
Amen! I do the same, but not at that level. Lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda obsessive about my bit-n-pieces containers matching, so I use food containers from products that I frequently buy. I'm currently revamping my small parts organization tactics and collecting the Stevia sweetener containers. They have plastic labels that are more like a shrink wrap so they peel off cleanly, wide mouths with flip-top lids and they're square, so much less wasted shelf space when they're grouped together.

For small parts/hardware exclusively for a particular project that you wanna keep separate from your main inventory, egg cartons or ice cube trays might be an options. Don't forget about the cheap Tupperware knock-off containers from the dollar store. I wouldn't trust them to hold liquid foods, but they're great for garage use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN