Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Does anyone on this site have the ability to track an order by the order #? Or is there a way to track this on-line without bugging the dealership?

My '22 Yukon order was placed two weeks ago and is still pre-lim order (code 1100) as GM has not formally accepted it. My dealer says GM can take several weeks to month+ to accept an order. Does anyone have any insight to the truth behind this statement? My concern is that without "allocation" my order may not get accepted while others do. My dealer claims they have allocation and it is GM's issue and I'd like to believe them, but one never knows.....

I know I'm going to wait a bit - just hoping I get this in December sometime before ski season as my 2010 Yukon is in need of replacement before 500+ mile road-trips each weekend! Anyone have dealers say that an order placed in early Sept has a shot of showing up by late Dec? Or is this a pipe dream and I shouldn't expect it until spring???

Thanks!

Skud

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. You can do a rough order check via the “Message Us” button here: https://www.gmc.com/contact-us

It’s an automated system as long as you enter in recognized options. They will ask you to say “Hi” to get started.

Enter your name
Enter “order status”
Then the chat bot will ask for your order number or vin.

You won’t get a status code, but they will give you the description for whatever code you’re at. If you want the code you can just type “representative“ and it will connect you, assuming it’s during business hours.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
They haven't even started production on the 22s yet .... so I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. Production is "scheduled" to start oct 4th. We shall see how well GM holds up with that, seeing as all the other models are having productions pushed back already

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your dealer is being half honest with you. 2 biggest things are dealer allocation and constraints. If a dealer doesn’t have allocation for what you ordered it will sit at 1100 forever same thing with constraints. The dealer should be able to tell both. 22 production starts 10/4 and they are accepting and scheduling orders.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
FWIW, my dealer ordered mine last Friday and it's currently at a 3000 event code.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
What are the specs/packages on your order?
Denali
3.0 Duramax
Midnight Blue Metallic
Teak/Light Shale interior
Denali Premium Package
Power Sliding Console

I wanted the lockable storage box but the sales manager said it was causing issues with the order and removed it.

Skud

Reaction score
Denali
3.0 Duramax
Midnight Blue Metallic
Teak/Light Shale interior
Denali Premium Package
Power Sliding Console

I wanted the lockable storage box but the sales manager said it was causing issues with the order and removed it.
Wow. That’s exactly my build. Same colors and all.

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
What are the specs/packages on your order?
SLT 4x4. 5.3. Prem pkg with max tow. 2nd row bucket. Stnd 20” wheels. Slide console. What did you build? Either I have constraints or my dealer doesn’t have any current allocation….

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Wondering if they are prioritizing the Denali’s? I’ll have to ask about the sliding console as I could give that up to speed the build. Going from 2nd row bench to the bucket seats in this new car so thought the sliding console was cool to send drinks back to the kiddos. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts