Order to Delivery Timeframes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just call the dealer that's selling the vehicle and arrange to ship or pick up. Dealer will provide a appraisal via phone, video etc.

d0merz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Submitted my order on Jan 25 for 4x4 Tahoe LT with signature LT package, max trailering and performance package. Order was accepted by GM on Feb 11. Currently still in 1100 status with no projected build week. Not sure how long for actual order to be built once a target build week is scheduled. Saw a website giving estimated build times showing 16 weeks (my dealer quoted me 6-12 but I think it will be closer to the 16). Starting to wonder now if the timeframe begins when GM accepts the order? Or when I submitted order to dealer?
Either way - patiently waiting.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Submitted my order on Jan 25 for 4x4 Tahoe LT with signature LT package, max trailering and performance package. Order was accepted by GM on Feb 11. Currently still in 1100 status with no projected build week. Not sure how long for actual order to be built once a target build week is scheduled. Saw a website giving estimated build times showing 16 weeks (my dealer quoted me 6-12 but I think it will be closer to the 16). Starting to wonder now if the timeframe begins when GM accepts the order? Or when I submitted order to dealer?
Either way - patiently waiting.

Yeah, probably when GM accepts the order, which they might not actually do - the max tow package is on constraint, I think I saw where less than 25 max trailer package vehicles being built per week total. I've also seen information that Tahoe orders are closed off as of 1/24, but that might be fleet orders only. Did you also ask if your dealer actually has an open order allocation?

Sergio iannino

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi so you can go on GMC website and build the vehicle you want when finished in the summery it will give you the option to view inventory. That will tell you if the vehicle is in transit and what dealer has it. As for the trade you need to give them all the info that you have pics VIN and why you want for it worked for me

d0merz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, probably when GM accepts the order, which they might not actually do - the max tow package is on constraint, I think I saw where less than 25 max trailer package vehicles being built per week total. I've also seen information that Tahoe orders are closed off as of 1/24, but that might be fleet orders only. Did you also ask if your dealer actually has an open order allocation?

I have not asked about allocation. I’ll be sure to do that. But the Tahoe order wouldn’t be cut off if GM has in fact accepted my order, correct?

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not asked about allocation. I’ll be sure to do that. But the Tahoe order wouldn’t be cut off if GM has in fact accepted my order, correct?
No. - status 1100: Order Placed at Dealership; preliminarily accepted by GM Computer. Note: This does NOT mean that GM guarantees that your car will be produced, as that only occurs at status code 2000, but means that the order was properly filled out into the computer, e.g., required boxes filled out — but nothing more than that. (Borrowed from CorvetteBlogger site). So no, you have no guaranteed order at this time.

DTronic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
March 9th: order placed with order type "Retail Sold", no constraints on order confirmed, dealer had allocation
March 15th: found out via virtual assistant chat on chevy.com and confirmed by dealer I've got a TPW of March 29th

Tahoe RST
4WD
Luxury package
Rear media and nav package
Max trailering package
Panoramic power sunroof
Illuminated Chevrolet mirror emblem
Power-release second row bucket seats
Power-sliding center console
5.3L V8 engine
22" bright machined High-Gloss Black painted wheels

Last edited:

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
March 9th: order placed, no constraints on order confirmed, dealer had allocation
March 15th: found out via virtual assistant chat on chevy.com and confirmed by dealer I've got a TPW of March 29th

Tahoe RST
Luxury package
Max trailering package
Panoramic power sunroof
5.3L V8 engine

I'd ask dealer or chat closer to date or once the order status hits 2500 or greater to make sure they didn't strip off/drop the max tow package. I've seen that before

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Just got word from my dealer that my order was accepted by GM as part of their allocation. He said if he had to guess the build date will be the second week of April!!!!!

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
March 9th: order placed, no constraints on order confirmed, dealer had allocation

Tahoe RST
Luxury package
Max trailering package
Panoramic power sunroof
5.3L V8 engine

Just got word from my dealer that my order was accepted by GM as part of their allocation. He said if he had to guess the build date will be the second week of April!!!!!

I have learned that dealer allocations are a huge part of getting your rigs in a timely manner. Some one on this forum explained it to me, so I moved my order from one dealer with no allocation (although they didn't admit it), to a dealer with allocations. It worked out just like that member on here said it would (I am forgetting his name).

If anyone is thinking about putting an order in, I would directly ask the dealer whether they have allocations. I live in the Houston area, so there are many dealers in a 30 mile radius. After I learned about it, I sent a single e-mail out to 7 dealers (they could see all the other folks on it), and I had two reply back saying they had allocation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts