OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you watch the show you will see the devastation that it caused via aerial views and close ups. You will see videos people shot while they were driving thru the fire to escape.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Recently had my first problem in a long time with my 05 Z71. Intermittent rear hatch struts slowly sag down. Genuine GM parts or is there a better alternative?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After much investigation and having to measure the extended length of the strut supports, I came up with AC Delco number of 510-1227 and GM number of 19324360. RA does not have in stock at this time. They will notify me when in stock. I do not have access to all my 5% discount codes that I can use in the future, so could someone here supply me with code(s) for that discount? Or does someone have another source? I did check both numbers at Amazon with no luck at all.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much investigation and having to measure the extended length of the strut supports, I came up with AC Delco number of 510-1227 and GM number of 19324360. RA does not have in stock at this time. They will notify me when in stock. I do not have access to all my 5% discount codes that I can use in the future, so could someone here supply me with code(s) for that discount? Or does someone have another source? I did check both numbers at Amazon with no luck at all.
They are a sponsor for the forum. They have a section at the top with the codes listed.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try GMPartsDirect.com and GMPartsGiant.com?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
19324360 is $28.46 each at GM Parts Direct and is $26.38 at GM Parts Giant but were around $25 ea at RA plus the %5 discount but since are not available at this time, the part listing and price are not showing at this time, so I am guessing at the price at RA. Since I get in the back rarely, I will wait and see if RA gets back to me.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19324360 is $28.46 each at GM Parts Direct and is $26.38 at GM Parts Giant but were around $25 ea at RA plus the %5 discount but since are not available at this time, the part listing and price are not showing at this time, so I am guessing at the price at RA. Since I get in the back rarely, I will wait and see if RA gets back to me.

OEM ones weren't available 1+ years ago when the ones on my rear glass failed. I got Strongarm off ebay for $18.76 for the pair. No problems, not even in ~30° temps.

Mine has the power liftgate, so I can't speak for those struts.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you try GMPartsDirect.com and GMPartsGiant.com?

OEM ones weren't available 1+ years ago when the ones on my rear glass failed. I got Strongarm off ebay for $18.76 for the pair. No problems, not even in ~30° temps.

Mine has the power liftgate, so I can't speak for those struts.
Ordered the Strongarm ones off of RA for $10.52 each and used the 5% RA discount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman