OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giving notice is always tough, especially when you have a great working relationship, as I suspect that you did with your employer. I'm glad that you did the professional thing, and give your employer a month's notice.

I wish you the best of times in your journey to CA and then back to MO.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I finally got out of the hell hole of Oregon and in Paradise, Ca., which is even worse for fuel. I like Chevron fuel and paid $6.19 a gallon for the mid grade Plus, down in Chico today and then drove up Skyway to Paradise and saw at a 76 station, the same mid grade fuel for exactly a $1 less. Anyone have any good or bad comments about fuel at a 76 station?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I finally got out of the hell hole of Oregon and in Paradise, Ca., which is even worse for fuel. I like Chevron fuel and paid $6.19 a gallon for the mid grade Plus, down in Chico today and then drove up Skyway to Paradise and saw at a 76 station, the same mid grade fuel for exactly a $1 less. Anyone have any good or bad comments about fuel at a 76 station?
Congratulations Ron on getting out of Oregon and into California.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can't say I've ever seen one here. A quick Googling shows it to be a Top Tier fuel and reviews say it's at least on-par with Chevron/Texaco and Exxon.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
76 is Unical. Good stuff.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Not to shout "squirrel" but what's the rebuilding of the housing situation by now? Is there a lot that's been re-done after the wildfire (3-1/2 years now)?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not to shout "squirrel" but what's the rebuilding of the housing situation by now? Is there a lot that's been re-done after the wildfire (3-1/2 years now)?
Good to know about 76 fuel, thanks. I was surprised about my fuel mileage driving here. 403 miles and got 17.5 mpg. All highway. The town of Paradise is building back slowly but surely but that will not keep myself and my cousin here. She had a colon cancer scare but turned out to not be cancer and 2 spots on liver turned out to be cysts that the doctor said would go away by themselves. Final verdict on all medical concerns is on 16th. If all good, the house goes up for sale and we will be gone to Mo.
Cannot wait to get away from the 3 state hell holes of Wa., Or. and Ca.
They are at least now putting electrical and all other systems underground to help avoid the catastrophe that burned Paradise down in 2018. I used to love this town between 71 to 76 when I visited and lived here.
Mo. will be my new home soon and be back in my home state where politics are more normal. If there is such a thing.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sitting here with my cousin Bev and watching a documentary by Ron Howard, think Opie Taylor, titled "Rebuilding Paradise". She had shared pics of her driving out of Paradise, Ca. on November 8th during the height of the fire danger. This documentary really tells the complete story and has the pics/videos to back it up and all the politics that was involved. It caused her to cry all over again and me right with her crying sitting next to her. Devastation like you would not believe and lots of rebuilding and construction all over this city. She has lived her 57+ years and I have visited here many times when in the service and lived here for 9 months after I got out of the service. We have likely 1.5 months still here before leaving for Warrensburg, Mo. I had only seen her pics and her stories till I got here and saw the damage and then the documentary.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sitting here with my cousin Bev and watching a documentary by Ron Howard, think Opie Taylor, titled "Rebuilding Paradise". She had shared pics of her driving out of Paradise, Ca. on November 8th during the height of the fire danger. This documentary really tells the complete story and has the pics/videos to back it up and all the politics that was involved. It caused her to cry all over again and me right with her crying sitting next to her. Devastation like you would not believe and lots of rebuilding and construction all over this city. She has lived her 57+ years and I have visited here many times when in the service and lived here for 9 months after I got out of the service. We have likely 1.5 months still here before leaving for Warrensburg, Mo. I had only seen her pics and her stories till I got here and saw the damage and then the documentary.

I'll have to pick that one up at the library; it's available here. We had a catastrophic wildfire up in and around suburban Superior a few months back and it burned down around 1,000 homes. Tragic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019