OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back somewhere in this thread, I have a blacked out front BOWTIE in the grille.

Yeah, but that's built into the grille. These are the badges that everyone just removes if they don't care for their appearance. You're not only keeping them, but meticulously painting them. What's next- euro tail lights?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did not paint them, I had a shop install the new emblems and it turns out the white is vinyl. I am having the CHEVROLET side today. Gonna drop off at 10:45 for the work in Chico, Ca. and then go with my cousin for a couple hours at the shooting range in Chico. They open at 11 am and the place is owned by cops and former military. I have been there once with my cousin about 2 weeks ago. I am not a fan of indoor shooting ranges but she is a member there. I tried to buy ammo there last time but could not because my I.D. is out of state. Oh well. Head and heart shots for the day!!!!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Got and installed the 2 new Strongarm rear hatch struts yesterday. BIG difference. I used to have to push the hatch all the way up. Now when am about 2/3 open the struts take over and lift all the way up. It is also harder to start the close procedure. Have to muscle it a bit to get started. Luvin' it for sure. I had no problems before till I was loading the back of rig with totes for my trip to Paradise, Ca. to start my move and I was leaned in and the hatch had floated down and I banged my head on it while backing away from just stowing a tote.

Thanks to @iamdub for the Strongarm recommendation.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got and installed the 2 new Strongarm rear hatch struts yesterday. BIG difference. I used to have to push the hatch all the way up. Now when am about 2/3 open the struts take over and lift all the way up. It is also harder to start the close procedure. Have to muscle it a bit to get started. Luvin' it for sure. I had no problems before till I was loading the back of rig with totes for my trip to Paradise, Ca. to start my move and I was leaned in and the hatch had floated down and I banged my head on it while backing away from just stowing a tote.

Thanks to @iamdub for the Strongarm recommendation.

I hope they last for ya!

After 15 months, mine are holding up fine (pun intended). The rear glass still takes much more effort to start to close it than it did with the old ones. I don't try to close it fast- I give the struts time to compress rather than bowing the glass and risk shattering it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sitting here with my cousin Bev and watching a documentary by Ron Howard, think Opie Taylor, titled "Rebuilding Paradise". She had shared pics of her driving out of Paradise, Ca. on November 8th during the height of the fire danger. This documentary really tells the complete story and has the pics/videos to back it up and all the politics that was involved. It caused her to cry all over again and me right with her crying sitting next to her. Devastation like you would not believe and lots of rebuilding and construction all over this city. She has lived her 57+ years and I have visited here many times when in the service and lived here for 9 months after I got out of the service. We have likely 1.5 months still here before leaving for Warrensburg, Mo. I had only seen her pics and her stories till I got here and saw the damage and then the documentary.

I was at the library late this afternoon and finally remembered to pick up the DVD. Watched it this evening and it was interesting. Lots of folk near here in and around Superior going through the same right now from the Marshall Fire.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Things are changing rapidly. My cousin IS moving to Mo. I am not. Cant bear the thought of that weather and salt on roads that would eat up my Tahoe. I had been seeing a retired flight attendant over the last 5 years. I left Ca. a month ago for a VISIT and she wants me to move in at her house in Coburg, just outside of Eugene. I will be going back to Ca. to retrieve my personal belongings and guns and brink back to Oregon. Then, since my cousin accepted an offer on her home in Paradise, I am going back to Ca. to then drive with cousin to Mo. and get her there and girlfriend will fly there and we are going to Texas to see her daughter and then drive back to Oregon. Had it not been for girlfriend, I was going to move to Mo. and a more conservative state but would have missed Or. The homeless population pretty much stay away from Coburg. My girlfriend is conservative and owns guns and loves to shoot and loves NASCAR and football.

I recently bought a new Glock G29 GEN4 10mm 10 round that I have since bought 2 15 round mags for with extended mag adaptors for. Gonna shoot it soon. Was going to go to local indoor range, Northwest Arsenal, but day before I was headed there a shooter there commited suicide. My girlfriend just bought a Ruger LCP MAX and and a new carry purse. We are both going to take the Utah CCW class to allow for concealed carry in 37 states, since she wants to travel.

Anyways, that is my update to those that even care. I know RM does not in the least.
I will be busier on here when I get on my computer and off my phone.

Attachments

• 20220612_114612.jpg
    20220612_114612.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC