Opinions on handling after Magneride Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdebacker

Reaction score
First off, I apologize if it's in the wrong thread, but I think it's the right thread. Also, I couldn't find the exact information I was looking for in other threads, so I apologize if it's a repeat.

I have a ~66,700 mile 2017 Suburban Premier 4x4 with the Magneride suspension. I honestly love and hate it. Here's why:

PROS:
-Handles really well. I can take sharp corners faster than some smaller/unibody vehicles. It feels like when I turn the wheel, the suspension tightens up to where there's almost NO body roll.
CONS:
-It rides VERY bouncy. My '98 K3500 rode smoother. I hate to say it, but the F*rd Expedition at work rides better, too.
-Off-roading sucks since every rock and crack is rough on my organs.

I would love a smoother ride, but I really don't want to give up the cornering ability. I live in the high rockies of Colorado and would like to maintain highway speeds around the curves of I70. I know it's a 6000 pound SUV, not a racecar, but I love having no bodyroll. My question is this:

Has anyone done the magneride delete kit and added upgraded sway bars from like Hellwig? If so, is it just as effective? Before I drop the money to do it, I'd like to hear from y'all that have done it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

IMO, if you have a bouncy ride, then your shocks/struts are shot and need replacement. Other folks more knowledgeable in the Magnaride suspension will chime in.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This my opinion.
I have Arnotts at all 4 corners, mainly because I didn't trust going back to magnarides since mine only lasted about 40k miles. They were probably on their way out at about 33k. Now there is a TSB out there that states the engineers addressed some issues with the magnarides, but I haven't heard from anyone that's replaced there's on how long they lasted the second time around.
I do have a Hotchkis rear sway bar and Hellwig endlinks, and hopefully soon a UPR panhard bar. Stock panhard bar body joint is kaput. So check yours as well.
Arnotts are good replacements. Made in the USA. Bang for the buck I think they are a good choice as when I got them they weren't as expensive.
But, that being said, upgrading the sway bars and endlinks over the stock will feel better with either Arnotts or magnarides. Stock stuff either wears out or is just very compliant in allowing body roll.

OP
OP
tdebacker

tdebacker

Reaction score
So what exactly is Arnott? Is it a magneride-type shock, is it airbag, I'm confused?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what exactly is Arnott? Is it a magneride-type shock, is it airbag, I'm confused?

Its just a replacement shock that does not have magnaride. They have built in resisters to trick the computer into thinking all the electronics are working as intended, when really its just a normal “passive” shock.

If your rig is riding very stiff then your magnaride probly has failed. They tend to lock up when they do, making the ride horribly stiff.

Skid51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Asked this in the other thread but its more relevant here: if you go with the Arnott strut as replacement for OEM Z95 magneride front shocks do the built-in resistors on the Arnott obviate the need for the otherwise necessary Shocksims module?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asked this in the other thread but its more relevant here: if you go with the Arnott strut as replacement for OEM Z95 magneride front shocks do the built-in resistors on the Arnott obviate the need for the otherwise necessary Shocksims module?
Yes.

I had fox front shocks on the wifes last denali with the shock sims, but kept the rear air shocks because i really like that feature. Used the arnott ones with the built in resisters and they worked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins