Opinions needed on lower dog leg repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought duplicolor cans of the paint code. I already tested it before starting repairs and it's darker but I'm not to concerned. Then I have 2K clear with upol#9 blender.
Ive seen the blender sitting on shelves,never tried it.Supposed to soften the clear so new clear can burn in? Have you used it before?
Silver is one of the hardest colours to match/blend.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing I’ll add is silver with any metallic in it needs to be sanded to 6-800 grit before base. And sanded well. Metallic will fall into any sanding scratches left over leaving a mottled look. It happened to me on my first try with silver. Thought 400 grit was good enough nope.

OP
OP
D

Denali GMC 87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never tried it to be honest. However. Between what I got for my van I traded in and my Christmas bonus money I used to pay title stuff. The vehicle was free in my eyes. So hopefully it'll look good. I'm confident it will. Especially for 217k miles. I figured anything is better than a rust hole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094