OnStar unveiled new equipment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like OnStar will be releasing a standalone rearview mirror to offer service to non-GM vehicles and older GM's without OnStar functionality.

From what it looks like in the picture, this mirror may even have Bluetooth functionality? If so, those of us who have pre-2009 may have a factory-like Bluetooth solution! Can't wait to see more details.

In addition to that, it looks like OnStar is going 4G with Verizon and may add support for remote video monitoring, 4Home systems (allowing you to control thermostats/lights/etc in your home), voice searching, Skype video chatting, and a feature that, upon impact in a parking lot, would use the vehicle cameras to get photos of the offending car as it drove away.

app_full_proxy.php

Last edited:

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Tried the link to see if I can upgrade my Analog to Digital and it said my equipment is non-upgradeable...... Well, so much for buying the 'Hoe because it had onstar :(

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I removed that link because of that. I guess Tahoes/Yukons with analog service can't be upgraded. But this new mirror would give it OnStar service! I think it should be offered at a discount for vehicles that had analog OnStar that was non-upgradeable.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Yeah I removed that link because of that. I guess Tahoes/Yukons with analog service can't be upgraded. But this new mirror would give it OnStar service! I think it should be offered at a discount for vehicles that had analog OnStar that was non-upgradeable.

Agreed, that would be the right thing to do for us Analog guys.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since we have the analog systems what would we have to do to get this? Simply install the new mirror and remove the old one? Very curious

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So since we have the analog systems what would we have to do to get this? Simply install the new mirror and remove the old one? Very curious

Most likely, as this will work with almost any vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny