Only have high speed on my blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99whitehoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like the title says I only have high speed fan. I've done some searching an I wonder if my resister(sp) is bad. I took it out and I really don't know what kind of ohm readings I'm supposed to get but I do have resistance on all of the fan speeds. I'm hoping the fan controller isn't bad but I wanted to know if anybody has a idea of what it may be.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
remove and check your fan switch and connector first. If you don't see any broken resistor coil wire it is probably fine. The fan switch can mess up real bad sometimes. The high speed fan relay which switch from resistor delivered power and direct power can have a burned contact or the Dark Blue wire between it and the resistor block may be damaged. If all you mode and temp doors work and a/c fuction works I would look at that wire and its path as the fuses, if blown, would kill off the other functions.

OP
OP

99whitehoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've changed the relay already. Haven't really checked for broken wires or loose connection. I'm gonna do that today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse