Okay.. How Cool is the Quadrasteer Yukon XL AWD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakcbeast

Reaction score
Wanting all thoughts, opinions etc on these please! May have to go pick one up later today. Thanks!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only speak to the Suburban 4 wheel drive, sorry. But the Yukon XL Quadrasteer will actually be a 3/4 ton vehicle -- not a half tone. You should be able to get somewhere between 300k and 500k miles on it, with maintenance. If that vehicle is in your price range and in good condition, you should buy it. There are all sorts of aftermarket parts becoming available for the Quadrasteer system, too. Ping me if you buy it, and I'll share some of the resources I have. FWIW, I have a QS Suburban, Silverado, and Sierra.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are one of a kind, but if parts needed are not around in the aftermarket finding them will be hard and expensive!

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I personally have a crush on them. Like, I love my rig. But if an 05-06 quadrasteer popped up in decent shape, I'd sell mine off in an instant. They're bizarre to drive. You know you're driving a 'burban in your head. But it feels like a honda fit in a parking lot. Old customer of mine drove one. He let me take it for a spin around the block when he came in and I loved it each and every time.

They're pretty heavy on maintenance, IIRC you need to change rear riff fluid every 15k (annually) w/ some special stuff.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have a crush on them. Like, I love my rig. But if an 05-06 quadrasteer popped up in decent shape, I'd sell mine off in an instant. They're bizarre to drive. You know you're driving a 'burban in your head. But it feels like a honda fit in a parking lot. Old customer of mine drove one. He let me take it for a spin around the block when he came in and I loved it each and every time.

They're pretty heavy on maintenance, IIRC you need to change rear riff fluid every 15k (annually) w/ some special stuff.
I believe you only need the special stuff if you have a limited slip or a locker. But don't quote me on that, and I don't know if there was an option without one of those.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the limited info I could find, the QS axle uses a limited slip

Only reliable info I could find is that the QS system specs a limited slip fluid

You can also look at the RPO codes. I don't know if they came with the G80 or just the G86; My 2005 Suburban came with the G86, my 2004 Silverado came with the G86, and my 2003 Sierra Denali has G80 AND G86 listed. I just can't remember what it had when we had the diff serviced a year ago. But you can't go wrong changing it on schedule, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts