Oil Pump Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2000 Limited has 201k miles. Runs and drives great, but has an oil leak from the oil pan gasket. I'm planning to drop the pan and replace the gasket soon. And I've been reading that the oil pump should be replaced.

When I look at rock auto or some of the other parts sites there are a slew of pumps to choose from.

Looking for advice and input as to what others have used.

Currently, the truck has a little more than 20psi at idle, 40 cruising at 40mph. So it seems that my pressure is fine, but figured while I'm in there, might as well. Preventative maintenance.

Thanks in Advance for any input.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melling pumps are very good, are you going to use Hi volume? Then you also need the steel sleeve for coupling, most vortecs have a big pump, may already have it.While you are under there check cooler hoses close. $60.00 will get new ones from Rock auto. Maybe someone else will chime in.

OP
OP
O

orange57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for.the input. I'll take a look at those before, and maybe order when I order the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne