Oil Pressure Sensor Stuck?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
amylynbubbles

amylynbubbles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OMG! Could not find my 3/8 articulating adapter so I made 3/8 to 1/2 to 1/2 articulating to 1/2 to 3/8 monstrosity. Got sensor on and then couldn't get sensor socket off. Loosened... Got both off and guess what happened? Yup... Sensor fell down somewhere into the pit of despair. At least it's with it's friends... My 3/8 articulating and a dental pick. I think I'm done for the day. Follow me for more DIY "what not to do".

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lost an extension when I did mine....I know it doesnt apply in your case, but I used a pick to get my screen/filter out...FWIW, took me the better part of 3 hours and at least that many beers to remove and replace....Dont get me started on the swearing!!!!!

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those unfortunate enough to have dropped their oil pressure sensor into the abyss... Where did you end up finding it?
Loving it!!
Your journey is Awesome!!
Had work done on mine,dufus mechanic didnt do the distributor back up and i found that out by chance. Lost a 1/2" in my case 13mm ring spanner in what i now refer to as the bermuda triangle never to be seen again :angels2:
Maybe it will fall out onto the garage floor next time I'm under it!
What are the chances?
Where do these things go!, o_O

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Loving it!!
Your journey is Awesome!!
Had work done on mine,dufus mechanic didnt do the distributor back up and i found that out by chance. Lost a 1/2" in my case 13mm ring spanner in what i now refer to as the bermuda triangle never to be seen again :angels2:
Maybe it will fall out onto the garage floor next time I'm under it!
What are the chances?
Where do these things go!, o_O
I have never found tools that get dropped down there, you could try driving forward and slamming on the brakes and see if anything falls out or gets ejected.
They're hanging out with all the 10 mm sockets that get lost.

OP
OP
amylynbubbles

amylynbubbles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So now....

Who has oil pressure? This girl has oil pressure!!! I effin did it guys! I'm so damn proud of myself.

So you may ask how did I accomplish this seemingly impossible feat... How did I find what was thought lost forever.... I got a $20 bendable camera off Amazon. Hooked it up to my phone... Snaked it down into the abyss and viola!

Guess where the sensor was? Right effin next to where it needed to go. Also got my dental pick. Didn't see the 3/8... But 2 out of 3 is good for me.

Thank you thank you thank you for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_114159414_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220609_114159414_HDR.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84