Oil pressure sender '09 5.3 just venting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went out. Saw the CEL and noticed the gauge at 80 psi. Later it showed 0.

Getting in a position where I could reach that part of the engine was tough enough. Getting the trick wire connection off had me searching the Internet for an hour. Nobody showed that connector, just descriptions. I used a tiny lighted usb camera on my phone to finally get a peek at it. Is it by design that the tab ends up turned towards the intake? Even the new sender lined up that way.

My hand is bruised from getting in there. The lock tab will live out its life on my tool box or in a landfill. I had to disconnect the battery for the truck to recognize that it was once again getting good information. Now my gauge reads nearly centered at around 40 psi.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On sensors with finicky and hard-to-reach connectors, I count the turns when removing the old sensor. I twist the wire that number of turns before plugging it into the new sensor. Then the wire is untwisted (sometimes may have one twist in it) when I screw in the new sensor.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On sensors with finicky and hard-to-reach connectors, I count the turns when removing the old sensor. I twist the wire that number of turns before plugging it into the new sensor. Then the wire is untwisted (sometimes may have one twist in it) when I screw in the new sensor.
Nothing but a socket was going to get this out or in. Putting it back together was a breeze. I did copy someone's trick of tying a string around the sensors so I wouldn't drop them. A simple slip knot with a long tail to release it was perfect.

Pat in Tennessee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork