Oil pan gasket replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigbertha78

Bigbertha78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxclass, just as everyone said, you do not need to drain any fluid from the front differential. Just place a jack under the front diff, remove the bolts that hold the axle to the frame, then slowly lower the jack and axle down. It will only lower a couple inches down and rest on the frame. Which is just enough room to remove the oil pan. Hope this helps.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question for this who have done this. I have an oil cooler and the This is the gasket I ordered for mine in the pic. It appears to have the oil cooler gasket made on am I correct? Plan on replacing the gasket this weekend also what else should I replace. Thanks.

7231BA4E-D3AC-4B62-8402-0858AFA395D9.jpeg

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought the two holes in the pan gasket would be it. Also I assume I need an O ring for the pick tube as well?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought the two holes in the pan gasket would be it. Also I assume I need an O ring for the pick tube as well?
Yes you will want to replace the pickup tube o ring while you’re in there. It’s a separate part if that’s your question.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I knew it was a separate part. Thanks for your help I already had the oil pan gasket didn’t realize I needed these other two. Wanted to get everything ready for the weekend thanks again for the help guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts