OHSIXX's 2006 Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
That set it off nicely man, That thing looks sharp

Question for you, you said you removed the spacers on the coils?

Does it make any noise of any? I was told that's why it's there in the first place.. IF it doesn't I could probably go a little lower on my truck on the rear

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That set it off nicely man, That thing looks sharp

Question for you, you said you removed the spacers on the coils?

Does it make any noise of any? I was told that's why it's there in the first place.. IF it doesn't I could probably go a little lower on my truck on the rear

Thanks man-appreciate it! Yeah I left them out to try to get a level look. I still kept the factory spring rubber isolators(top and bottom) in place. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use them as this was my first suspension install...but I have no issues and no noise either. Hope that helps ya....:Handshake:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Travieso

I pulled my 1 inch spacers and turned down the keys to get mine a bit lower. It dropped the rear that 1 inch. Sitting about 32.75 front and 33 rear.

No noise. Pretty quiet actually. I regularly turn everything off just to see if I can hear it squeak. Only thing that makes noise is if I hit that damn train track too fast and she hits the bumps stops. Other than that at full lock slight rub in front liners, but all good. Get her down and pull that spacer out!

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Thanks man-appreciate it! Yeah I left them out to try to get a level look. I still kept the factory spring rubber isolators(top and bottom) in place. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use them as this was my first suspension install...but I have no issues and no noise either. Hope that helps ya....:Handshake:

So im not sure if you removed the rubbers pieces or not, lol

@Travieso

I pulled my 1 inch spacers and turned down the keys to get mine a bit lower. It dropped the rear that 1 inch. Sitting about 32.75 front and 33 rear.

No noise. Pretty quiet actually. I regularly turn everything off just to see if I can hear it squeak. Only thing that makes noise is if I hit that damn train track too fast and she hits the bumps stops. Other than that at full lock slight rub in front liners, but all good. Get her down and pull that spacer out!

Thanks !!! this is what I wanted to hear, I will now drop the rear hopefully get a full 1 inch like you and remove the Rubber isolators, by any chance I seen a couple of guys put rubber hoses on the coil, I Hope I dont need to do this.

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So im not sure if you removed the rubbers pieces or not, lol

Sorry....the stock rubber isolators are still in place but not running the spacer. Besides looks like Fosscore got you what you needed......GL...still one of favorite NBS trucks on here...especially all those performance goodies!!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@OHSIXX , did you buy your lower intake grill from Denali trucks.com? I'm trying to find a replacement for my lower intake opening to match the stock Denali upper grille. But can't find one anywhere that matches the design. Currently I have a lower grille off a 2007 Denali. But it doesn't match the opening or the pointed shape in the middle of the bumper. It sticks out just a bit, doesn't mount right and the backing on it doesn't allow airflow through. So I want to get one like yours but the guy @ Denali trucks.com no longer makes them and doesn't have old stock left. I emailed him a year ago when I bought my truck. Need to replace that grille ASAP but don't want something that doesn't match. Lol. Where did you get yours?

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OHSIXX , did you buy your lower intake grill from Denali trucks.com? I'm trying to find a replacement for my lower intake opening to match the stock Denali upper grille. But can't find one anywhere that matches the design. Currently I have a lower grille off a 2007 Denali. But it doesn't match the opening or the pointed shape in the middle of the bumper. It sticks out just a bit, doesn't mount right and the backing on it doesn't allow airflow through. So I want to get one like yours but the guy @ Denali trucks.com no longer makes them and doesn't have old stock left. I emailed him a year ago when I bought my truck. Need to replace that grille ASAP but don't want something that doesn't match. Lol. Where did you get yours?

My lower grille came from DenaliDownUnder made by Eug. He doesn't make them anymore either. It literally came from Australia(hence the name). Its now a collector's item I guess you would say.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know I got in touch with him last year when i,bought mine. Ugh. I can't find anyone getting rid of theirs and I haven't found a solution to what I want to put into the lower opening yet. Although I was searching last night and the sierra Denali grille,from the 2007+ trucks looks like it might fit the opening. And it would allow the air to,flow through correctly. So I'm looking into that. Gotta get one to measure though.

OP
OP
O

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh OK......I guess just check ebay from time to time maybe.....if I ever decide to sell my Denali...I'll take it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A