Oh the good old days!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My second car was an '81 Olds Delta 88 with that same interior. What a chick magnet that was.
Haha we had one of those too. It was a diesel with silver paint, and a deep red interior. That was a pretty cool car too.

ETA: Ours was a 1979..

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color combo sounds cool, but it must've been a slug. Diesel!!
Yeah, I looked it up. The diesel seems to be fairly rare, it was a 5.7 liter, and the torque/ hp ratings are just pathetic! (120hp / 220tq).. I guess that’s decent for the time. Just always expect a larger diesel like that to have better numbers. It was definitely a heavy car!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked it up. The diesel seems to be fairly rare, it was a 5.7 liter, and the torque/ hp ratings are just pathetic! (120hp / 220tq).. I guess that’s decent for the time. Just always expect a larger diesel like that to have better numbers. It was definitely a heavy car!
My ex-bil had a diesel Seville. What a POS that was--til he put a 350 gas engine in it!